No announcement yet.

Brushy Hill 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they allow guest at all.. I would love to go and let my wife video the hunt since she doesnt bow hunt

Comment

Yes but I believe there is a bunk fee

Comment

We are counting down the days...anyone been lately? Hoping this weather holds and they get a couple hard freezes to knock the browse back. Needs to dry up some also

Comment

Should be a chance at a pretty hard freeze this weekend I would think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir! Can't wait to hit the ground January 2.

Comment

Do they have any exotics at brushy hill?

Comment

Occasional axis come through still im sure depending on which ranch you hunt. We spotted a big axis buck a mile from our pasture when we hunted there, but never saw one while on stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

looks like they have had 2 hard freezes and possibly again tonight. One more on Jan 1 they are calling for would really help.

2 weeks away and getting anxious

Comment

Aim low, they are super jumpy. I was there for WT a month ago-ish and spring Turkey. Lots of good game running around. Like others said be prepared for a hard hunt. We had Nick set up pop ups for us. We noticed the deer were moving about 100 yards farther down so I set up my own blind closer to their travel path and got two does down. Saw a heavy eight, but couldn't get on him before he slipped in brush.

Comment

Originally posted by bswift355 View Post
                      Aim low, they are super jumpy. I was there for WT a month ago-ish and spring Turkey. Lots of good game running around. Like others said be prepared for a hard hunt. We had Nick set up pop ups for us. We noticed the deer were moving about 100 yards farther down so I set up my own blind closer to their travel path and got two does down. Saw a heavy eight, but couldn't get on him before he slipped in brush.
                      I'll be hunting WT there for the first time in Jan. Gonna have Nick get us setup as many people here have suggested. We were there for spring turkey and excited to get back.

How low do you typically aim for there? This seems to be one of the common statements made about brushy hill and 1st point.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot704 View Post
                        I'll be hunting WT there for the first time in Jan. Gonna have Nick get us setup as many people here have suggested. We were there for spring turkey and excited to get back.

How low do you typically aim for there? This seems to be one of the common statements made about brushy hill and 1st point.
                        What pasture are you hunting and when will you be there?

Comment

A week from now we will be sitting in a hole in the middle of the south tx brush

Comment

Counting the days.

Can't wait always a good time hunting with the Mayfield's.

Comment

Good luck guys and girls! Keep us posted on your hunts. Love me some brushyhill.

Comment

Can't wait for early mornings, all day sits and then sitting around a fire with a glass of scotch talking about the ones that got away!

Comment

Working...
                                X