South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
    Bubba I drove thru every bit of that nasty stuff headed down 59 going to Mexico
    It was super nasty and dumping rain by the buckets. It all looked very green down thru that whole area

Good luck everyone
    Glad you made it down safely. Sorry about the Mexican cabin.

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
    In the last two weeks, we have gotten close to 4"s in Freer. A lot of the big rain missed us to the north. It wouldn't surprise me if you got a lot more than that.
    Nobody has been there in about a week but seems like we keep missing the major storm systems. I know we had a nice 45 minute rain one morning about 2 weeks ago and then whatever we got over the last 48 hrs. Not sure we had a rain gauge out but I will report back if I hear an actual amount. Either way it should really help the place out, whatever amount we got. Very thankful for anything we can get down in the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      Glad you made it down safely. Sorry about the Mexican cabin.

Nobody has been there in about a week but seems like we keep missing the major storm systems. I know we had a nice 45 minute rain one morning about 2 weeks ago and then whatever we got over the last 48 hrs. Not sure we had a rain gauge out but I will report back if I hear an actual amount. Either way it should really help the place out, whatever amount we got. Very thankful for anything we can get down in the desert.

Thank ya bubba

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

6" in frio county in the last few days.

Comment

Any updates on rain around Falfurrias? We got some a couple weeks ago when I was here but it was pretty dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put out 26 tons of protein and 3 tons of cottonseed the past few days. Deer are hammering the feed right now in Catarina. Ranch is green all over. Mesquite beans are already falling with more blooms on the same bushes as the beans. No lack of food for these deer but they keep sucking down the protein. Saw several Bobwhite's with little chicks. The Blues are still in pairs but no little ones yet.

Comment

Our deer are doing the exact same thing...the more it rains the more they eat!

Comment

Green green here! Unreal how good it is and the rain keeps coming!

Comment

I drove the 285 stretch from Rivera to Fal a couple days ago while on route to a customer & it sure is looking great like all of South TX...you & Blake are going to have to plan on sneaking over to Starr Co this season for a get together.

The north part of our lease got really hammered with hail about 10-14 days ago...lots of damage to blinds, feeder and such but overall lucky since it didn't mess with camp. Some of the pics the guys took are pretty nuts. Golf ball size hail can really mess up a prickly pear patch along with roofing on deer blinds!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    I drove the 285 stretch from Rivera to Fal a couple days ago while on route to a customer & it sure is looking great like all of South TX...you & Blake are going to have to plan on sneaking over to Starr Co this season for a get together.

The north part of our lease got really hammered with hail about 10-14 days ago...lots of damage to blinds, feeder and such but overall lucky since it didn't mess with camp. Some of the pics the guys took are pretty nuts. Golf ball size hail can really mess up a prickly pear patch along with roofing on deer blinds!!

Sounds like a plan! Big hail will wreak some fiberglass blinds!

Comment

I wonder if hail can damage growing antlers????

Comment

We discussed the same thing Peyton & pondered how the wildlife was able to escape such devastation...

Comment

Any of y'all know how to get rid of cat tails with out killing fish???

Comment

Found this guy at the ranch Memorial Day weekend!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post

Any of y'all know how to get rid of cat tails with out killing fish???

Yes sir, they make a chemical that won't harm anything other than the cattail.
                              I had them in one of my ponds bad and I sprayed and they never returned and that was 9 years ago. Can't remember the name of the chemical but if you get in touch with a chemical expert they will know. If I find the name will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                                Yes sir, they make a chemical that won't harm anything other than the cattail.

I had them in one of my ponds bad and I sprayed and they never returned and that was 9 years ago. Can't remember the name of the chemical but if you get in touch with a chemical expert they will know. If I find the name will let you know.

Sounds good thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X