Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
    Technology has always been slow in your country Skinny!!!!

Lmao!!! Yeah our wifi is brought in on a donkey so it's real slow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

Mine shows down 10%

What app is that?

Comment

^^^^^^ what he said

Comment

Commodities

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Commodities
            lol, which one specifically

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw713 View Post
              lol, which one specifically
              That's the name of the app

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                I went through a merger with SLB. it will take a couple years before they do anything substantial, then when they start, you better hold on to your hat.

if it were me, I wouldn't sweat it right now. A 3-4 years down the road, you won't recognize your company anymore.
                Very true. I went through it when Scumberger bought the company I worked for Camco for our safety valves. Nothing much at the beginning, then they shut every slickline shop we had down and moved it to Houma. I had bailed by then, but they told all the hands they could live in Houston, but would have to drive to Houma to load up for jobs. Then after awhile of that they told hands to either move to Houma or find new jobs.

Comment

Everyone still hanging in there?

Comment

We are still hanging on. We are cutting our workers but not laying off. As people quit they are not replacing them and are transferring people around. They cut our full time pickups but we now have pool trucks. I drive my truck the first day of shift and drive a pool truck after.
                    There are a few rigs running. Enervest, lenorman, and unit are still drilling. Chesapeake, apache, eog, and Samson are doing nothing. I don't think they are even fixing stuff as it breaks. They just shut the well in.
                    There are 9 Samson wells on the place I live and i think all 9 are shut in.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Yep. Getting pretty rough though. I'm starting to look into another line of work altogether. No jobs on monster for fishing bum though.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

It's getting rough. Hoping it turns around some in the next month or two. It has me stressed out paying for this hunt I'm about to go on. Guess if it slows down much more we will start building other stuff.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Still producing wells like we were at high $ oil. Just watching any and all spending really close.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Still producing wells like we were at high $ oil. Just watching any and all spending really close.

Drill baby drill!!!!

Comment

Looks like I dodged a bullet for the time being. Decided I was gonna take a big gamble and jump ship to a new company and a month into my new venture the rig I left was stacked. Many of my former coworkers are now looking for work because the company I left I guess has lost so many rigs.

Comment

Oh and no overtime. Absolutely none. It'll be interesting to see how that no overtime deal works out this winter when we are typically out in the field after ours dealing with freeze ups and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X