Potus sotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    In regards to tweeting...the country has changed, technology has changed, politics has changed...why wouldn't the presidency change as well?

The media clowns were counting on the solemn silence that GW and others displayed while being torn apart.

FORNICATE THEM AND THE FREE RANGE NATURAL GRASS FED HUMANELY TRAINED EQUINES THAT THEY RODE IN ON!!!!

When you stop reporting the facts and you go out of your way to undermine the strength and security and secrets of our nation, you are an ENEMY OF THE STATE.

Opinion pieces, blogs, podcasts are the forum for subjective opinions.

The publicly consumed news should report Mother *&*&*& facts!

If i were president I would talk directly to the people on a regular basis. Not a big showy press conference. Just me telling my bosses (citizens) what I've done that week to protect them and promote their prosperity.

I would treat the biased media like a man that was trying to come between me and my wife. As president, the country is like your wife and the current media is trying to cause a divorce. Run their asses out of the house and whoop their asses ever chance you get.
    You are a wise man Chew

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      At trolling? I completely agree!
      It's only trolling if there are fish willing to bite. I can't help if it hits close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        In more ways than we care to remember.

[ATTACH]894691[/ATTACH]
        And your point is?

Comment

It's only trolling if there are fish willing to bite. I can't help if it hits close to home.
          So you obviously don't fish either.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            And your point is?
            The point was to reinforce lovemylegacy's assertion that Americans WERE the original DREAMers. We are all (or at least the vast majority of us) children of immigrants who found themselves in this country either by their own free will or at the will of someone else. That happened at the expense of a people who were here long before we were. I was presenting a different perspective...which I know from my nearly 10 years on this site can be cause for the torches & pitchforks to come out. I took my chances.
            Last edited by JonBoy; 01-31-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I was presenting a different perspective...which I know from my nearly 10 years on this site can be cause for the torches & pitchforks to come out. I took my chances.
              Do you not think the members on this forum are aware of their American history? Your post served no purpose other than a attempt to bring a patriotic feeling/response down a notch. Signature trademark in any liberal.

Comment

The point was to reinforce lovemylegacy's assertion that Americans WERE the original DREAMers. We are all (or at least the vast majority of us) children of immigrants who found themselves in this country either by their own free will or at the will of someone else. That happened at the expense of a people who were here long before we were. I was presenting a different perspective...which I know from my nearly 10 years on this site can be cause for the torches & pitchforks to come out. I took my chances.
                No pitchforks out here, if anything it substantiates the notion of strong immigration laws and wall. There are lessons to be learned, invaders from foreign lands intend to establish their own society, always.

Oh and introduce smallpox

Comment

So explain. Were the original dreamers wrong for moving here? Are you saying those coming here now illegally are wrong or that they have the right to move here because our relatives did at some point?

Comment

There were people here before them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      So explain. Were the original dreamers wrong for moving here? Are you saying those coming here now illegally are wrong or that they have the right to move here because our relatives did at some point?
                      Wrong or right depends on who's eyes you're looking through. In the case of those who came here willfully, they took the opportunity they thought would better their lives & chance for survival & success. I don't think they could care less as to the ramifications to those who were already here. The native Americans who were here fought against the immigrants as they felt it was wrong and that their way of life was being threatened & overtaken...a very similar sentiment shared by those who oppose DACA today.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Your post served no purpose other than a attempt to bring a patriotic feeling/response down a notch. Signature trademark in any liberal.
                        I wholeheartedly disagree. The intent of my OP was simply to lend a different perspective to what we view Americans to be (historically that is)...not to be unpatriotic. I guess anything left of far-right is still left...even if it's actually somewhere in the middle.
                        Last edited by JonBoy; 01-31-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Wrong or right depends on who's eyes you're looking through. In the case of those who came here willfully, they took the opportunity they thought would better their lives & chance for survival & success. I don't think they could care less as to the ramifications to those who were already here. The native Americans who were here fought against the immigrants as they felt it was wrong and that their way of life was being threatened & overtaken...a very similar sentiment shared by those who oppose DACA today.
                          So who's right and who's wrong? What's your opinion on today, DACA, and what we as Americans should do?

Comment

Quite a few distinct differences not the least of which is It’s the 21st century and this nation, including it’s borders, has been well established for more than 200 years. That was not the case then. The USA, much to the chagrin of many, is a sovereign nation with laws and borders that you can’t just ignore.
                            The idea that the USA is not letting people in that want a better life for themselves is Just patently false. We let more people in annually than probably all other nations combined. I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to want to pick and chose who comes here and not just let anyone walk through the door and that’s what’s at stake here.
                            My preference would be to shut down all immigration for a period of at least five years, which by the way, pales in comparison to the roughly 30-40 period before jfk when the us had shut down all legal immigration completely.
                            The reality is we don’t have a clue who is in our country nor what those people’s desires are not to mention there is no assimilation happening now and I think a little fear would go a long way towards assimilation.
                            I believe in america first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              Quite a few distinct differences not the least of which is It’s the 21st century and this nation, including it’s borders, has been well established for more than 200 years. That was not the case then. The USA, much to the chagrin of many, is a sovereign nation with laws and borders that you can’t just ignore.
                              The idea that the USA is not letting people in that want a better life for themselves is Just patently false. We let more people in annually than probably all other nations combined. I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to want to pick and chose who comes here and not just let anyone walk through the door and that’s what’s at stake here.
                              My preference would be to shut down all immigration for a period of at least five years, which by the way, pales in comparison to the roughly 30-40 period before jfk when the us had shut down all legal immigration completely.
                              The reality is we don’t have a clue who is in our country nor what those people’s desires are not to mention there is no assimilation happening now and I think a little fear would go a long way towards assimilation.
                              I believe in america first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're gonna ruin his fairy tale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The native Americans who were here fought against the immigrants as they felt it was wrong and that their way of life was being threatened & overtaken.
                                The native Americans fought each other, probably more often and for longer than they fought the immigrants.

You wanna know what tribes banded together in the states to preserve their way of life they felt was being threatened. Hint- the 13 colonies

During the early part of 1754, Franklin became gravely concerned about the security and future of the British colonies. As war between Britain and France loomed on the horizon, Franklin believed that colonial unity was becoming increasingly important. In Franklin's mind, each individual colony was going too far in its own direction, and thus neglecting the greater needs of the American colonies as a whole. As a result, Franklin created his "Join or Die" cartoon to serve as an appeal for unity. The cartoon (originally done as a wood carving) was posted not only in Franklin's paper, but was distributed across the colonies. The snake (each section representing an individual British colony), was purposely cut into pieces, suggesting that death would come not only to the snake, but to the colonies as well if they chose to stay divided.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X