Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizzaro Incident? Prayers for the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
    The lesson here is you never call the police for "help" with someone you care about. If you are worried about the mental health of a loved one, get them to people who are trained to resolve those situations. Thats not the police.

On the contrary, I am a Mental Health Peace Officer and I have been trained to assist people in a mental health crisis. I have done this for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
      On the contrary, I am a Mental Health Peace Officer and I have been trained to assist people in a mental health crisis. I have done this for several years.

So what went wrong in this case?

Comment

Just maybe they got there early enough to prevent something like this from happening. http://q13fox.com/2016/02/26/neighbo...urder-suicide/

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post

Some departments are lacking in that area. It is deadly for the victims of the militant departments.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
            Just maybe they got there early enough to prevent something like this from happening. http://q13fox.com/2016/02/26/neighbo...urder-suicide/
            Maybe. But more than likely, this story wouldn't exist had the police not been called.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              So what went wrong in this case?

I have some theories. It is actually more than I want to type on my phone. If I make it back to an actual keyboard soon, I'll share some.

I do agree that many departments are lacking in training on how to deal with mental health subjects. It is a hot button issue that the police are trapped in. There really isn't any winning in this area, just "a lesser of the evils" type of outcome.

Comment

This was a no win for the police. Who knows what would have happened if they had backed out. Girlfriend could have been tracked down and killed. Parents too.

Comment

Very sad deal that parents have to deal with laying their son to rest. Prayers up for them.

The parents called and asked the police to check on his well being. They responded to do a check and then were threatened with harm if they came in. The police didn't do anything wrong. And then you have the supposed threat to the ex girlfriend so the police have to do something to make sure her well being is looked after as well. Tough situation to deal with all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    Very sad deal that parents have to deal with laying their son to rest. Prayers up for them.

The parents called and asked the police to check on his well being. They responded to do a check and then were threatened with harm if they came in. The police didn't do anything wrong. And then you have the supposed threat to the ex girlfriend so the police have to do something to make sure her well being is looked after as well. Tough situation to deal with all the way around.
                    The parents didn't call, the girlfriend did. The guy wasn't a mental health case per se'. He was distraught over a tiff with his girlfriend. Heartbroken if you will. He probably said some things to his girlfriend that were concerning about his well being, but that is pretty par for such a situation. Was it necessary to push the issue of someone felling distraught and hopeless at the time? I don't think so, and according to the article, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Comment

Sad deal . Prayers sent up high

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

The parents didn't call, the girlfriend did. The guy wasn't a mental health case per se'. He was distraught over a tiff with his girlfriend. Heartbroken if you will. He probably said some things to his girlfriend that were concerning about his well being, but that is pretty par for such a situation. Was it necessary to push the issue of someone felling distraught and hopeless at the time? I don't think so, and according to the article, I'm pretty sure I'm right.
                        Bingo!!!! 10 years ago that type of response would have never happened. Just sad all around!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                          The lesson here is you never call the police for "help" with someone you care about. If you are worried about the mental health of a loved one, get them to people who are trained to resolve those situations. Thats not the police.
                          Good advice but be careful who you call. A friend was having a lot of personal issues and called a crisis hot line to talk. He was asked if he intended to hurt himself and he answered no, he just needed to talk to someone. As the conversation progressed the crisis center kept asking if he wanted to hurt himself and he kept answering no. Finally the crisis hotline asked if he was going to hurt himself how would he do it. He answered he would probably shoot himself. Shortly thereafter he was swarmed by police at his workplace while still on the phone with the crisis hot line and taken out in cuffs. He lost his job where he had been employed for many years and his life went down hill from there. Be careful who you call even if you just need to talk.

Comment

The parents didn't call, the girlfriend did.
                            They did call.
                            To Russell Reeves, the meaning was clear — Austin would hurt himself if he wasn’t left in peace. Stunned and afraid, Reeves dialed the Hingham police just after 10 p.m. to ask for help.
                            Such a sad situation. Prayers for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              They did call.

Such a sad situation. Prayers for the family.
                              "Concerned about his state of mind, the woman called police at 9:19pm, asking them to check on his welfare."

Comment

... sad deal any way you slice it... prayers for all

the writing is so inflamatory i tend to want more info from other sources.

That said, feels like a lot of standard practices got used instead of common sense. When you ignore whats in front of you to follow protocol i tend to think you are coping out or looking for a reaction

Comment

Working...
                                X