ISO Army Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Army Gear

I recently enlisted in the Texas State Guard and I have to pay for all of my own gear/supplies/uniform/boots. Anyone have some stuff laying around they would consider donating? This stuff adds up quickly. If not free, then sell cheap?
    After volunteering during Harvey and working side by side with these guys, it was a no-brainer for me!
    Thanks in advance!

Ttt

Comment

Bump

Comment

What size boots?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          What size boots?

I wear 10.5 shoe. Prob 10 or 10.5-11 boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
            I wear 10.5 shoe. Prob 10 or 10.5-11 boot.

Okay, let me see what I can find... Are you needing them in black?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Okay, let me see what I can find... Are you needing them in black?

Sand or tan. Thanks!

Comment

Just looked them up. Im sad to say I wasn't familiar with them. Looks like a non military volunteer group that responds to disasters for the state of Texas?

Since it's volunteer how organized is it? How was the app process etc? Im sure I'm not the only one that's not familiar with it but sounds like a good cause.if you tell more about it would prob help the response for those looking to help a good cause.
                Going to do a little more research on it.

Post a list of required gear

Comment

ISO Army Gear

Extremely organized. They are part of the Texas Military Department (Air National, Army National, State Guard) reporting directly to the Gov and only deployed in state and sometimes into neighboring states. Every member was deployed for Harvey. Actually the only time they are paid is during deployments. You can find a lot of information now that they played such a big part in the Harvey recovery and relief. They set up shelters, track evacuees, communications, search and rescue, etc
                  I need everything from boots, backpacks,vest, camelback in Army ACU colors.

Some people mock them as playing army, but when a disaster strikes they are awesome to have around. Their moto is Texans helping Texans.

Last edited by Kdurham; 09-16-2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

The mission of the Texas State Guard (TXSG) is to provide mission-ready military forces to assist state and local authorities in times of state emergencies; to conduct homeland security and community service activities under the umbrella of Defense Support to Civil Authorities, and to augment the Texas Army National Guard and Texas Air National Guard as required.

Comment

Comment

I'm not looking for a hand out, I'm just sure there are some guys on here that may have some stuff laying around.

Comment

KDurham, there is a place in Fort Worth you might try, Omaha's Surplus on Whitmore. They deal in used military gear, you might find a few items there.

Comment

Let me see what I've got laying around. Would you mind posting up your sizes?

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                              Let me see what I've got laying around. Would you mind posting up your sizes?

5'9

Comment

Working...
                              X