No announcement yet.

Need opinions on F250 6.2L...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well went to check it out today and the extended cab was just too small and it looked like it had been offroad ALOT in its short 12k mile lifespan so I passed... I've decided to just go try and get a new F150 crewcab tomorrow. It looks like Planet Ford has some sweet deals on some ecoboosts right now.

Comment

I have a 2013, 6.2 4x4 CC and average around 12 for a monthly average. The best thing I did was have it tuned, that really woke the truck up. I just turned 80k and pull all kinds of trailers etc. I really enjoy the truck but I got it cheap when it was new.

Comment

I am going to add some info. I am guessing my aftermarket 20" tires are 33-34". no lift. I run the **** out out of this truck. I am that guy that runs 80-90 plus in a 75. Depending on load and which trailer I am pulling I run it 80-90. This is on open interstate. In these scenarios I am pulling tractors,trucks on a 20' GN with 14 plies. Running 12k or so, you are in 5th,after the tune the gear hunting stopped and it pulls good with moderate gear hunt. Heaviest to date was a 45'-rv triple axle, triple slide ,18k on an 80 mile pull to buddies lease RV to his lease. I was in the 8-9mpg at 65 mph. When I was pricing trucks, I could buy 2 of these for 1 diesel. We also run these at our company and average mid to hi 200,000 before trading in. Good luck on your chince

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
          I am going to add some info. I am guessing my aftermarket 20" tires are 33-34". no lift. I run the **** out out of this truck. I am that guy that runs 80-90 plus in a 75. Depending on load and which trailer I am pulling I run it 80-90. This is on open interstate. In these scenarios I am pulling tractors,trucks on a 20' GN with 14 plies. Running 12k or so, you are in 5th,after the tune the gear hunting stopped and it pulls good with moderate gear hunt. Heaviest to date was a 45'-rv triple axle, triple slide ,18k on an 80 mile pull to buddies lease RV to his lease. I was in the 8-9mpg at 65 mph. When I was pricing trucks, I could buy 2 of these for 1 diesel. We also run these at our company and average mid to hi 200,000 before trading in. Good luck on your chince
          what gears did you go with and who did your tunes? I have had a powerstroke the last 16 years and went with a F150 crew because I no longer tow like I used to but now I really don't like the little bed and am needing to go back to a little more payload due to needing to put a hay spear on my truck. I love the ecoboost but think I may get fun of for running around with a spear on a F150 ( I thought about putting airbags on it to compensate for the hay weight). Id love to go back to a super duty but definitely cant justify a diesel as much as I wish I could but I get decent mileage with my EB even towing and don't wanna lose all the mpg's but if its not terrible and has the get up and go like my eco does I would make the switch
          Last edited by ckamp52; 07-17-2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I'm looking hard at this one. Waiting on a dude to call me back to start the back and forth process and see if I can get the price where I want it without having to sell my jeep to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              I'm looking hard at this one. Waiting on a dude to call me back to start the back and forth process and see if I can get the price where I want it without having to sell my jeep to get it.

http://billfickfordhuntsville.com/Ho...ruck/53070109/
              Nice.
              I bought mine from Jeremy Lundsford at Bill Fick.
              Super nice guy and easy to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                Nice.
                I bought mine from Jeremy Lundsford at Bill Fick.
                Super nice guy and easy to deal with.
                Thanks for the name. Was it someone you knew or were referred to? Or just the guy you ended up dealing with?

Comment

http://billfickfordhuntsville.com/Ho...ruck/53070109/
                  What price are you shooting for? Nice truck, other than the 3' bed

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    What price are you shooting for? Nice truck, other than the 3' bed
                    As my wife says, I'm "Parking Challenged". That 8' bed would cost me a lot of time and deductibles.

Comment

Thanks for the name. Was it someone you knew or were referred to? Or just the guy you ended up dealing with?
                      Just happened to be the one who contacted me when I emailed regarding pricing.
                      I was going back and forth with them and autonation in Katy.
                      Jeremy was always quick to respond to emails and offered the better price.

Comment

As much as i like our 3/4 Ton gasser, it would probably have been better to buy the diesel in the first place. I have a 2014 Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. It tows decent but i find it to be under powered pulling my 20 ft gooseneck with two horses in it. Plus the gas models dont have squat for resale value. Mine only has 22K miles on it and i can barely squeeze 20K trade in no matter who i talk with. It has its place, but it isnt for us and i regret it actually. Chalk this one up to a learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          As much as i like our 3/4 Ton gasser, it would probably have been better to buy the diesel in the first place. I have a 2014 Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. It tows decent but i find it to be under powered pulling my 20 ft gooseneck with two horses in it. Plus the gas models dont have squat for resale value. Mine only has 22K miles on it and i can barely squeeze 20K trade in no matter who i talk with. It has its place, but it isnt for us and i regret it actually. Chalk this one up to a learning experience.
                          I hear ya. But the 6.4L hemi is the standard gasser now. Lot of good feedback from owners. As mentioned in other threads....diesel is 8-9k upgrade and getting that back on resale isn't going to happen very often..
                          Last edited by Chew; 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I get what you're saying. They each have their niche. I lost that battle when i failed to do proper research.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Just happened to be the one who contacted me when I emailed regarding pricing.
                              I was going back and forth with them and autonation in Katy.
                              Jeremy was always quick to respond to emails and offered the better price.
                              He said they shipped that truck to another dealer today. Boooooo.

Back to the search engines.

Comment

He said they shipped that truck to another dealer today. Boooooo.

Back to the search engines.
                                Well crap!

Comment

Working...
                                X