New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Orleans

TBH I'll be visiting the big easy tomorrow afternoon for the first time. Guy here at the office says it's gotten to be a real ghetto place. What says the green screen? I though of checking out the French quarter area and going to dragos or the acme restaurant. Your thoughts?

Go. Be smart and safe. Its just like any major city IMO. We need to be AWARE of the situation around us. Don't get chi t faced and stumble to the hotel at 3am.

Comment

I thought it was a **** hole and don't plan to ever visit again. If you go out at night be prepared for anything. Especially Obama's Sons.

Comment

New Orleans is hands down one of my favorite cities. Mostly for the food. Also for the Hurricanes (drink not the storm)....and all the other sketchy poisons I've consumed there, but they taste alright. I was just there a couple months ago for my birthday. I mean yeah, it smells of stale beer, revolting body odor, stinky feet, sewage, and a land fill...but if you can get past that, food and music is great. Also, don't wear sandals. Drago's chargrilled oysters are great. If you make it to Harrah's for a quick game of Roulette...drop 100 on love for me. Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy the scenery!

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
          New Orleans is hands down one of my favorite cities. Mostly for the food. Also for the Hurricanes (drink not the storm)....and all the other sketchy poisons I've consumed there, but they taste alright. I was just there a couple months ago for my birthday. I mean yeah, it smells of stale beer, revolting body odor, stinky feet, sewage, and a land fill...but if you can get past that, food and music is great. Also, don't wear sandals. Drago's chargrilled oysters are great. If you make it to Harrah's for a quick game of Roulette...drop 100 on love for me. Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy the scenery!
          This! I like New Orleans,but it's not everyone's cup o tea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to Dinnys for seafood, Dragos is overrated unless you go to the original. Mothers for breakfast is the bomb!! My suggestion is go do the bourbon street scene in the early evening. Also use cash for everything last two times I have been there I have had credit card fraud on my AMEX. One other thing I have done is the city tour but I use a private cab. I have used the same guy three or four times. You cam PM me for more suggestions.

Comment

Mothers Po boys for lunch are legit, debris is the bomb. Gotta make one trip to du monde for breakfast. Can't really go wrong. Lots of good food. Like was mentioned. Don't get to smashed and wander off bourbon and you will be fine.

Felix oyster house across from acme is cheaper and better.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just feel dirty being in that city. That said I love it and it's always a fun time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GUT_TRAIL View Post
                  I thought it was a **** hole and don't plan to ever visit again. If you go out at night be prepared for anything. Especially Obama's Sons.
                  The food and music are amazing. Check out the WWII museum. The people are some of the nicest and most accepting I have ever met. Be they Cajun, Creole, white or black.

How do you think our fellow African American TBHers would feel about your Obama's Son's comment?

Comment

I went for the first, and last, time a couple months ago. Biggest piece of trash I've ever seen in this entire country. Not to mention the entire town smells atrocious.

Comment

Great town to visit I take my wife and girls every year because they love going there. No different than any other major metropolitan city, you can get into trouble if you take a wrong turn. Just be smart and don't venture off the beaten path. Food, culture and history are awesome. K-Paul's is a must for dining.
                      Last edited by PEC; 06-30-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                        Pretty much spot on.

Food, Music, and Drinks are great. Is it the cleanest city in the USA...no but what do you expect for a place where people on a nightly basis get drunk and walk up and down the same street

Comment

I second Getto! I cant stand that place.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            I went for the first, and last, time a couple months ago. Biggest piece of trash I've ever seen in this entire country. Not to mention the entire town smells atrocious.
                            You are correct. Cafe DuMonde ain't what it was pre 1980's. Messy, cold coffee, oriental ran. With all its liberal anti-American controversy one has to evaluate whether their hard earned dollars are deserved there.

If I weren't directly connected there, I'd never go back.

Comment

Getting Ghetto? It's been ghetto for a long time. I would rather take my chances visiting Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                              X