Texas coast vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
    Good luck, Port A has gotten insane with trying to find condo's/RV space. This late in the game, who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

we are going back over July and yes its a bit crazy There is a new RV park on the left side coming in from the bridge . I wish i could recall the name our friends stayed there . ( its new ) We stay on the beach not a huge deal . Wash the rig when you get home ..

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
      we are going back over July and yes its a bit crazy There is a new RV park on the left side coming in from the bridge . I wish i could recall the name our friends stayed there . ( its new ) We stay on the beach not a huge deal . Wash the rig when you get home ..
      Port A RV Resort, across 361 from Domino's pizza. We've been spending time there since Harvey. I still some open pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
        The pier and campsites along the water are still closed. The campsites in the wooded areas are open.
        Thanks for the info.

Comment

I would hold off...gonna be a wet weekend on the coast

Comment

Has Pioneer RV resort opened up yet? That's where I always camped.

Comment

If you can for go the full hook ups and just run a generator for the electricity, you can stay right on the beach. We used to this with the kids in a popup trailer with no electricity and had a blast. We stayed at Port A and PINS all the time. We parked right on the beach and camped. You have to watch the high tide line and park to the dune side of that. Park trailer where the entry door faces the dunes to keep sand from blowing in. We would use a pan with water at the entry door, step in that to wash sand off the feet . PINS has some RV spots on the beach but I imagine they would be rented by now.When we upgraded to a RV, we would fill the water tank, got a generator and hit the beach. Its hard to beat staying right on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                Has Pioneer RV resort opened up yet? That's where I always camped.
                Yes they are open, but I would call ahead to see if they have vacancies.

Comment

San Luis Pass County Park is surrounded by water, but I guess technically...its Galveston.

Comment

Not sure if you're wanting to go this far, but last time we hauled an RV to the coast, we went to Mustang Island State Park on Padre, and loved it. Water was amazing that week, and the beaches were nearly empty, even though it was the first week in July. Good park with nice hookups, and a short walk over the dunes.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
                      Not sure if you're wanting to go this far, but last time we hauled an RV to the coast, we went to Mustang Island State Park on Padre, and loved it. Water was amazing that week, and the beaches were nearly empty, even though it was the first week in July. Good park with nice hookups, and a short walk over the dunes.
                      Mustang is day use only right now. They're redoing the campsites.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                        San Luis Pass County Park is surrounded by water, but I guess technically...its Galveston.
                        This is a great place to fish but a dangerous place to swim or wade if your not careful. If you stay away from the pass and the dropoffs it's fine.

Comment

+1 for Pioneer RV Park, if they have a spot. Short walk over the dunes to the beach, and pretty nice park. We enjoyed staying there.

Comment

Working...
                          X