• Show
Clear All

bourbon for me.

Makers 46

Knob Creek

wild turkey 101

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
      Tried some Bookers tonight off this thread and it is delicious. New favorite bourbon! Giving Angels Envy and had Specs order me a bottle of outlaw. Will give reviews as tried
      I need to try those also.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Way ahead of you. See post 92
        I was referring to you throwing out the bottle of Garrison. I agree fully though, Garrison doesn't come close to any of the top bourbons mentioned here and most cost less.

Comment

I'm actually somewhat of a regular at the Yellow Rose Distillery on Friday's/Saturdays. Just post up at the bar, and people watch, drink, and catch up with whatever friend I'm there with.

I have 2 bottles of Whitmeyer's limited run also sitting there at home waiting.....
          Last edited by TxDieselKid; 05-14-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDieselKid View Post
            I'm actually somewhat of a regular at the Yellow Rose Distillery on Friday's/Saturdays. Just post up at the bar, and people watch, drink, and catch up with whatever friend I'm there with.

I have 2 bottles of Whitmeyer's limited run also sitting there waiting.....
            Heck ya. I'm gonna try and make it over there next Saturday.

Comment

Headed in for free dinner and whiskey bottle labeling tonight. They pay in booze.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Yum!!!

Comment

Knob Creek drink of choice.

Comment

Just got a bottle of Two Star. Its really good

Comment

Originally posted by Dslayer View Post
                        Knob Creek drink of choice.
                        I like it as well

Comment

You are looking live!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am a BOURBON/WHISKEY man ALL the way! I drink the "cheap" stuff these days because I save ALL the $$ I can to help my 3 son's. Hell...it all does the same thing and serves the purpose...rela************

Comment

My bottle of outlaw came in, giving it a try as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by PointyStickAg View Post
                                Great thread. I don't understand all of these Texas brands - I had the TX whiskey and it was good, for the price. The others, like Garrison, look too d**n expensive. No way they could be that good.

To me it's all about taste vs. price. Eagle Rare used to be a $22 bottle (I remember), now it has shot into the 30s. The secret got out, somehow :-).

Basil: For nice occasions (as in, what a crazy day at work, isn't it nice that I made it home alive?)
                                Blanton's: For a really nice occasion.
                                Eagle Rare: Great value but the secret is out.
                                Four Roses Small Batch: I have heard the single barrel is too inconsistent, don't know for sure. Good value.
                                Rowan's: I had one great bottle, one bad bottle. Go figure.
                                Noah's Mill (big brother to Rowan's) - Good but I have had better for the money.
                                Buffalo Trace: I don't care for this one. Odd since there are others from that distillery that I like.
                                Bulleit: Good, esp for the price.
                                Bulleit Rye: Really good, for the price.
                                Old Overholt: Good in an old fashioned.
                                Knob: Meh. Take it or leave it.
                                Maker's 49: Yes, please.
                                Maker's: At a wedding or other occasion with an open bar? Absolutely. Not my first, second, or third choice at the liquor store though.
                                Angel's Envy: I recently returned from a week in Asia where Scotch was the only thing available. Upon arrival to DFW this was the first whiskey I found. Man it was good.

Interesting picture of how various whiskeys are related to each other:
                                Saved for the next trip to specs.
                                I have always been a scotch drinker,but it appears I need to broaden my horizons

Comment

Working...
                                X