I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired

Been battling a sinus bug for a while now. On the advice of a friend I bought some Zicam spray, hoping it will do the trick. What does the TBH braintrust use for sinus colds?

Nyquil and Afrin!

Comment

I know exactly how your feeling, I go through this every fall/winter. I'm starting to think I'm allergic to the cold.

-Matt

Comment

I feel your pain, I am finishing my 2nd round of antibiotics on mine. This time I got a sinus infection.

Comment

neilmed (netipot) & zyrtec allergy meds. They have the generic Zyrtec out now, save y ou some coin. Take it EVERY day. I was "blessed" with chronic sinus infections and had to have surgery. I havne't had any problems since my surgery the beginning of November. I use the Neilmed twice a day and Zyrtec every morning. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Nyquil and Afrin!
            X2. I've been battling the same kind thing. Get ya some Nyquil D. Works wonders!

Comment

Exercise, get up and move, work, walk in the woods anything but laying down. I know it feels better, but it ain't.

Comment

I've had it for a week and a half. I usually get it every year around this time. Doc told me to take Sudafed, Zyrtec, Afrin and gave me a prescription for Tussionex cough syrup. You'd better be at home and not driving while taking this stuff. It makes you feel drunk but you still have control of your senses. The negative is it's $58/bottle and that's with insurance paying their part.

Comment

Everyone at my house has been fighting a cold! I have had mine about 2 weeks! I am sick of it myself, my wife has had a cold for about a week and started taking the advil cold and sinus. She said it works big time, I'm gonna try it myself tonight! It's just that time of year.....

Comment

If I'm not on penicillin then it's hot toddies. Doesn't cure anything but after a couple I just don't care.

Comment

I have had a sore throat and been stopped up for a week now. Been trying multiple doses of Vodka and orange juice tonight I am trying about 3 doses of double Segrams 7 and sprite it seems to be working.

Comment

Nyquil, Dayquil and a Neti Pot.

The neti pot actually washes your sinus cavity with a mild saline solution. I don't know if it's doctor endorsed, but it worked great for me and you can get it at CVS or Walgreens.

Comment

Wife and kids are out of town so I'm watchin the Bud Shootout drinkin some Sierra Nevada's. Can't taste a thing

Comment

I have sinus everyday but when it gets bad, Mucinex D which is behind the counter. Get the maximum strength -1200mg. Drink lots of water. After about the 2nd or 3rd you will start feel a lot better. Even on the first for most.

Comment

you can only use zicam for 3days total, if it is used more it cause other infections. Have you been to the doctor? is it a sinus infection or allerygies? if it is a sinus infection cause by bacteria ask for a Z-pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X