Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool. Can't for details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Can’t wait for the update!

Comment

Here are a few pics. Details to follow once the work concludes.

Comment

[emoji106]

Comment

Awesome stuff! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to you both! Its even more special that he shot the first deer on your family's land!! Awesome!!

Comment

The beginning of a beautiful journey. Congrats!

Comment

Been a joy following along! Well done!!

Comment

That's awesome right there!

Comment

Yesterday evening’s hunt was very memorable. Will started talking about wanting to kill a deer during the 2016 season. Since then the desire has gotten stronger. He completed his hunters safety course earlier this year and got proficient at the range with the .223. He also helped with the feeders and the food plots so this season was time.

The morning sit he saw does and yearlings. After the sit he was feeling like he should have shot one which opened the door for a good talk about what hunting is about and making decisions. He was ready for the evening sit.

We were hunting out of a 17’ two man stand that we put up a couple of weeks ago. About 30 minutes after getting in the stand he was out like a light. I let him sleep until he started snoring at which it was to wake up. We were watching squirrels most of the sit. I was concerned that the wind kept switching but be were committed. The feeder went off at 5:15 and he about jumped out of his skin (this is a bow setup so the feeder is at 20 yards or so). About 45 minutes later I saw a deer making their way down the lane about 60 yards away at our 2 o’clock position. He got the rifle into position. It was a lone doe. She came in and circled the feeder and pile rice bran that Darton put out for him on Thursday evening. She hung out in the woods down wind of our set for a few minutes. Will and I just sat and watched, whispering back and forth about what she would do. Then she eased into the lane heading to the rice bran. Will got steadied on the rifle and waited until she paused. The shot was good. She kicked and circled to her left running hard to the Northeast.

Will was grinning from ear to ear. “I shot my first deer!!” He said. A handshake and high fives ensued as we talked about what had just happened. Then came the adrenaline. “I can’t quit shaking...” he said. That lasted a while. We let him calm down before getting down and taking up the trail. She laid down next to a small tree about 50 yards away. Pictures, hugs, and texts.

Today, as we went back and filled the feeders and checked cameras I asked him how he felt about what happened yesterday evening. He said, “Now I feel like I belong.” to which I agreed and told him he certainly did and that I was proud of him.

This was his first deer and the first deer taken on our land. This was special for our family.

I am looking forward to many more hunting trips with my Son.

Thanks for following along with us.

Comment

Good job Dad ! Waiting for my boy to get old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                                Good job Dad ! Waiting for my boy to get old enough.

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                                Congrats to you both! Its even more special that he shot the first deer on your family's land!! Awesome!!

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                                That's awesome right there!

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                                Awesome stuff! Congrats!

Originally posted by BamaPSE View Post
                                Been a joy following along! Well done!!

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
                                The beginning of a beautiful journey. Congrats!

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                                Cool. Can't for details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by perow View Post
                                awesome

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                Boom

Thanks! Hopefully the first of many successful hunts with the kids. Now we start to work in crossbow practice for Will.....and get my wife proficient on treestand safety so we can take both kids hunting at the same time! [emoji33]

Here is our view yesterday evening as Will and I walked out of the woods after shooting his deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X