This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Do they use the same photo when they run him out of town at the end of the year?
    If he gets the boot it will not be on a private jet looking over tiger stadium. It will be down the bayou on a leaky shrimp boat.

Eaux gonna show that new aggie coach how it’s done in the west.

We comin’ baw!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      If the guillotine is dropped, does Bob Stoops consider coming out of retirement?
      Nope

Comment

Which top-10 team is most likely to end the season unranked?

Adelson: Auburn. Stidham returns but there are questions up front as the Tigers have to rebuild their offensive line, and injuries at receiver have placed an emphasis on creating more depth. While the defensive line should be strong again, the secondary remains an unknown.

Aschoff: There's a chance that Auburn fans could spend yet another year complaining about Gus Malzahn -- especially after that sweet, sweet contract extension he just got. This Auburn team is really talented on both sides of the ball, but game against Washington, Mississippi State, Georgia and Alabama are all away from the Plains. Auburn has burned me in the past (hello, 2015), so when expectations are high, set the bar low.

Low: Auburn. The defensive line should be one of the best in the country, and Stidham should be much more comfortable in his second season on the Plains. The problem is the schedule. The Tigers have to face three preseason top-5 teams (Alabama, Georgia and Washington) away from home, not to mention No. 17 Mississippi State on the road.

Rittenberg: Auburn. There wasn't an obvious choice, but the loser of the Auburn-Washington season opener could be in trouble. All four Auburn losses in 2017 took place away from Jordan-Hare Stadium, and the Tigers must travel to face Washington, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama this fall. This isn't a particularly deep offense outside of Stidham. While I love the defense, especially the front four, the Tigers figure to be in a lot of toss-up games.

Trotter: Not to pick on Auburn, but the Tigers probably have the most difficult schedule of any top-10 team, enhancing their chances of finishing the year unranked. Auburn plays No. 5 Washington in Atlanta, then has to go on the road to face No. 17 Mississippi State, No. 4 Georgia and No. 1 Alabama. Despite concerns along the offensive line, Auburn could be stout -- and yet, still finish with four or five losses because of the schedule.

Clark: Screw these ESPN morons.
        I'm upset and it hasn't even started.

Comment

Originally posted by chad c View Post
          if the guillotine is dropped, does bob stoops consider coming out of retirement?
          😂

Comment

Bob Stoops never retired anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              If the guillotine is dropped, does Bob Stoops consider coming out of retirement?
              I doubt it, but anything is possible. How hard do they chase Matt Campbell?

Comment

While we are crackin' jokes, does Tom punch his pillow tonight for leaving? LOL!
                Last edited by oktx; 08-01-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Bob Stoops never retired anyway.
                  Nope,he is still getting paid and working with Riley.

Does Tom Herman leave and go to tOSU?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                    I doubt it, but anything is possible. How hard do they chase Matt Campbell?
                    Him or 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat' would be my guess

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                      Nope,he is still getting paid and working with Riley.

Does Tom Herman leave and go to tOSU?
                      LOL.

Stoops is a much more likely candidate than Herman. In Tom's own words.....he is home now.

Stoops is an Ohio guy, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        LOL.

Stoops is a much more likely candidate than Herman. In Tom's own words.....he is home now.

Stoops is an Ohio guy, no?
                        Yes. So is Herman, and he actually coached there

Comment

Texas was THE job he wanted. Not just of the open jobs...…...all jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                            Yes. So is Herman, and he actually coached there

Herman....born in Ohio....raised in California.... GA'd for Greg Davis and Mack Brown. Came back to Texas. I'm thinking he likes where he is at right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Herman....born in Ohio....raised in California.... GA'd for Greg Davis and Mack Brown. Came back to Texas. I'm thinking he likes where he is at right now.

Probably so. Honestly, I could care less who coaches tOSU. If Stoops decides he wants back in the game, more power to him. Just thought I would throw some speculation in there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                                Which top-10 team is most likely to end the season unranked?

Adelson: Auburn. Stidham returns but there are questions up front as the Tigers have to rebuild their offensive line, and injuries at receiver have placed an emphasis on creating more depth. While the defensive line should be strong again, the secondary remains an unknown.

Aschoff: There's a chance that Auburn fans could spend yet another year complaining about Gus Malzahn -- especially after that sweet, sweet contract extension he just got. This Auburn team is really talented on both sides of the ball, but game against Washington, Mississippi State, Georgia and Alabama are all away from the Plains. Auburn has burned me in the past (hello, 2015), so when expectations are high, set the bar low.

Low: Auburn. The defensive line should be one of the best in the country, and Stidham should be much more comfortable in his second season on the Plains. The problem is the schedule. The Tigers have to face three preseason top-5 teams (Alabama, Georgia and Washington) away from home, not to mention No. 17 Mississippi State on the road.

Rittenberg: Auburn. There wasn't an obvious choice, but the loser of the Auburn-Washington season opener could be in trouble. All four Auburn losses in 2017 took place away from Jordan-Hare Stadium, and the Tigers must travel to face Washington, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama this fall. This isn't a particularly deep offense outside of Stidham. While I love the defense, especially the front four, the Tigers figure to be in a lot of toss-up games.

Trotter: Not to pick on Auburn, but the Tigers probably have the most difficult schedule of any top-10 team, enhancing their chances of finishing the year unranked. Auburn plays No. 5 Washington in Atlanta, then has to go on the road to face No. 17 Mississippi State, No. 4 Georgia and No. 1 Alabama. Despite concerns along the offensive line, Auburn could be stout -- and yet, still finish with four or five losses because of the schedule.

Clark: Screw these ESPN morons.
                                I'm upset and it hasn't even started.

Clark, take heart in the fact, what everyone knows is seldom worth knowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X