Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
    Nothing... As he can still play 5 games this season. To all the Romo is brittle talk, that may be. But David Carr had this exact same thing happen to him in Carolina when he was 26. He missed 3 weeks I believe.
    That's true. I hope the poor guy retires after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
      That's true. I hope the poor guy retires after this season.
      He is getting up there in age. Injuries are one thing, but trying to come back from injuries at 36 is hard.

Comment

He is getting up there in age. Injuries are one thing, but trying to come back from injuries at 36 is hard.
        Romo won't admit it, but not having a SB is a big deal. Not only does he not get the ring, but it will make the difference of him being in the Hall of Fame, right now, he won't make it.

Comment

Romo won't admit it, but not having a SB is a big deal. Not only does he not get the ring, but it will make the difference of him being in the Hall of Fame, right now, he won't make it.

I agree with this statement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do think this is why he is pushing himself to play hurt. The HOF thing is funny. I thought about it the other day and wondered how many think Witten is a HOF player.

Comment

I do think this is why he is pushing himself to play hurt. The HOF thing is funny. I thought about it the other day and wondered how many think Witten is a HOF player.

Witten will be in the HOF

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                Witten will be in the HOF

I agree and there lies the question. Why is he a HOF player without a superbowl. And Tony is not if it's not about stats. Just something to think about.

Comment

I agree and there lies the question. Why is he a HOF player without a superbowl. And Tony is not if it's not about stats. Just something to think about.
                  Very good point! I think Tony's numbers are of HOF status however I think he is judged on a different status/level being the QB of the Cowboys.

Comment

Very good point! I think Tony's numbers are of HOF status however I think he is judged on a different status/level being the QB of the Cowboys.
                    Isn't Marino a HOFer?

Comment

You got that right. Half the teams in the league he would of been the best QB they ever had.

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Isn't Marino a HOFer?
                      Yes he is. He got to a Superbowl but didn't win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Isn't Marino a HOFer?

Yes sir, I certainly get your point and agree with you!! I just think it's different because he plays for the Cowboys and there's a ton of non fans out there! Every those that cast votes for the HOF!

Comment

Yes sir, I certainly get your point and agree with you!! I just think it's different because he plays for the Cowboys and there's a ton of non fans out there! Every those that cast votes for the HOF!

Not sure on HOF, but one of the big knocks on players for MVP voting is the player's impact literally wins games. Romo hasn't been able to carry this team on his back and get them where they need to be. The same has been said about JJ Watt. As good as he is, when the Texans defense needed critical stops, or turnovers, he couldn't get them.

Comment

Witten is HOF no doubt! Romo's numbers are good but not great. Witten is up there in the top two or three as far as receiving stats for thigh ends. Romo not so much.

Comment

Not sure on HOF, but one of the big knocks on players for MVP voting is the player's impact literally wins games. Romo hasn't been able to carry this team on his back and get them where they need to be. The same has been said about JJ Watt. As good as he is, when the Texans defense needed critical stops, or turnovers, he couldn't get them.

Might look at these stats.

Comment

Ya, I said nothing about his stats. He never carried this team through the playoffs or to a SB.

Comment

Working...
                                X