EZ GO or Club Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZ GO or Club Car?

Im looking to purchase one for my lakehouse. It will be used to run around the lot and on the dirt roads (private). Is there any significant differences in brand? Also what do yall think is better gas or electric? Im thinking gas. Any must have aftermarket stuff?

Electric is better, IMO. There are a lot more speed and torque upgrades vs. gas powered. If you want to make a wish list go buggiesunlimited.com.

Comment

I personally like electric better too..... We have two ez-go carts.. .both lifted and they move! I think the new one we have will go upwards of 20mph.... it hauls......

Buggiesunlimited is good but if you have a dealer in your area, the prices are about the same...

Comment

Thanks, guys. So far the electric seems to get the nod and well as the EZ GO brand.

Comment

If you are looking for durability then I would go with the Club Car. Simply because they have an aluminum frame vs. steel. I have seen so many E-Z-GO's that have rusted out frames it is scary. They can all be rigged however you want them as far as lifts, speed, accessories, etc., etc.

If you are a golfer pay attention to the cart staging area you can almost tell what kind of cars they have because if they have E-Z-Go then there will usually be rust stains on the concrete from the underside and you will hardly see that with a place that has had strictly club car. Some of the discoloring can come from battery leakage over time but that that is usually not the case.

Seems like I head of a very upscale private club in Houston that spent quite a few dollars redoing their cart staging area. They got E-Z-GO and within three months the concrete was becoming rusty looking in many spots. I believe they called them and said come pick them up and we are going with Club Car.

I am not nocking E-Z-Go this is just my personal observation of being aroung the golf business pretty much all of my life, as a kid, professional and now superintendent. We currently have EZGO and they are fine but just watch the frame and try to have it coated someway. My BIL is the Head Professional at Rockport CC and they have never ran anything but Club Car simply because of the aluminum and salt air. Just my .5cents worth.
          >E

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
            If you are looking for durability then I would go with the Club Car. Simply because they have an aluminum frame vs. steel. I have seen so many E-Z-GO's that have rusted out frames it is scary. They can all be rigged however you want them as far as lifts, speed, accessories, etc., etc.

If you are a golfer pay attention to the cart staging area you can almost tell what kind of cars they have because if they have E-Z-Go then there will usually be rust stains on the concrete from the underside and you will hardly see that with a place that has had strictly club car. Some of the discoloring can come from battery leakage over time but that that is usually not the case.

Seems like I head of a very upscale private club in Houston that spent quite a few dollars redoing their cart staging area. They got E-Z-GO and within three months the concrete was becoming rusty looking in many spots. I believe they called them and said come pick them up and we are going with Club Car.

I am not nocking E-Z-Go this is just my personal observation of being aroung the golf business pretty much all of my life, as a kid, professional and now superintendent. We currently have EZGO and they are fine but just watch the frame and try to have it coated someway. My BIL is the Head Professional at Rockport CC and they have never ran anything but Club Car simply because of the aluminum and salt air. Just my .5cents worth.
            >E
            Nailed it on the head!!!!!

Comment

ezgo is like the z-71 of trucks, plenty of upgrades and mods available. the club car is like the super duty, more power up front (most are 48V) still plenty of upgrades and a little tougher.

Comment

What about battery replacement? I am assuming the 36v are 12v batteries and the 48v are 8v. Is there any big difference in price when it comes to replacing batteries down the road?

Comment

36v carts are 6 of the 6v batteries. 48v carts are 6 of the 8v usually. Trojans will usually last longer and stay stronger. And 8v batts are gonna be more expensive

Comment

For what it is worth, the salesman at Mission Golf Cars (they sell both brands) told me aluminum will crack/break easier than the metal frames that will bend and twist before they will crack and break. If it is a smooth surface, go with aluminum. If it is rough/rocky go with metal

Comment

I specked out 7 Club Cars for the University, they are all electric and very durable. If the guys around here can't tear them up I doubt you will. They have a great frame and drive system, plus you can order them in just about any configuration you want. Some of them are llloooaadddedddd heavy and will still last a couple days on a charge.

Comment

Working...
                      X