home made coon trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home made coon trap

Made a trap for coons and have caught several thought I would pass it along.

Need a 5gal bucket w/lid and a spring loaded trap and some bait preferably corn, ( 25 bucks total) cut about a 4" hole in the side of the bucket about half way up the side of the bucket,set the trap loaded in the bottom of the bucket pour corn inside of bucket kind of covering trap, and put lid on bucket and fasten it to barrel feeder legs or a tree, then pour a little corn on the ground outside the hole and check it often, hope this makes sense,caught four so far, good luck anything we can do to keep this critter population in check we should try.

Got a picture of your set up?

Comment

need a pic

Comment

pics please

Comment

yeah we need piks its kind of hard to imagine

Comment

i think i get it, but pics are helpful

Comment

no pics right now, but just cut a hole in side of bucket for the coons to reach into bucket (curiousity trap)

Comment

I got a visual. Pretty inovative. I bet that coon is shocked when he drops into the bucket. Are you breaking their neck?

Comment

hole is for their hand and arm to reach into bucket for grabbing the bait, don't want a really big hole for other animals to have access to trap just the pesky coons( maybe 4" hole)

Comment

Are you using a leg hold trap or a snare?

Comment

would a mini self-resetting guiletine work? I know... takes the fun out of checking the trap....

Comment

yes leg hold type mini bear trap was like 12 bucks at the hardware store

Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 11-19-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X