Red river county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red river county

Has anyone killed any big deer in red river and how did you do it. Was it over a foodplot, a feeder, or calling, hunting over water.

I hunt in Red River county. I usually hunt close to a bedding area and use a grunt call and will rattle also. After the rutt is over I really get aggressive with the grunt call and rattling. Here is a couple of Red River county bucks I have taken. The first pic is one that came in running 300 yards out. He diffantly heard the rattling that far out. This was in December.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a rifle kill from last year. Buddy of mine shot him sitting on an open field.

Top buck

Jeff

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by medic911 View Post
          Here's a rifle kill from last year. Buddy of mine shot him sitting on an open field.

Top buck

Jeff
          thats a BIG BOY there, what part of the co. was it?

The one in my avatar came from north of detroit.....he was in the hardwood bottoms on thanksgiving weekend last year....i have seen more deer this year than i did all of last year. I think my key is i have been hand corning the same spot every other weekend for 3 months. I started hunting the hard to get to spots in the bottoms near a creek. Im gonna hunt the 17-22 of this month and just be patient. Time in the woods is going to be your friend. I had these bucks come within 35 yards 3 weeks ago, but they did not close the distance, and 10 min later had a big 8 with a sticker on his g2 come in and could not get a shot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Arrowslinger, where do you hunt north of Detroit? I'm also north of Detroit in Manchester, my grandparents own 300 acres. I haven't been up there this season cause they are supposed to be thinning out some trees right now ...that deer on the right in your third and fourth pic looks very familiar. I had an 8 point last year that looked just like him! I love huntin red river county! Great bucks by the way!

Brandon

Comment

about 5 miles east of woodland on 195

Comment

Really nice deer.

Comment

I hunt at Manchester and. I have taken several nice deer. I Have never had a lot of luck with feeders. We do plant a lot of wheat and rye though. I used to hunt east of the four duece ranch and my family harvested a lot of deer.

Comment

Im right in kiomatia

Comment

good luck

Comment

thanks

Comment

anyone else

Comment

never hunted there but from the looks of some of those bucks I wish I was

Comment

i hope some bucks start coming my way all we have been seeing is does and small bucks but this is only our first year on this lease and the people before us didnt manage it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X