Type II lands in East TX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type II lands in East TX??

Anyone do any good this year on type 2 lands in east Tx? Not looking for any specific locations, just if you saw or harvested any.

I have two brothers and a BIL that all hunt the SHNF near New Waverly. They all scored on bucks...nothing big. Lotta activity in the creek bottoms/acorn flats.

Comment

I hunt in east texas about an hour away from cooper wma and I seen tons of hogs and bucks only 3 does but seen plenty of does in North Texas.

Comment

seen lots of deer and hogs where i hunt. missed the same deer 3 times in one sitting. ran out of arrows so i just sat there and enjoyed the rest of the view.

Comment

Saw lots and lots of deer in East Texas Type 2 hunting land. they are hard to find but when you find them, ITS ON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
            Saw lots and lots of deer in East Texas Type 2 hunting land. they are hard to find but when you find them, ITS ON!!!
            yep when you find them it is definetaly on!!!!

Comment

Hey russ did you go up there where I told you to with your dad or yall just hunt cooper?

Comment

Anyone hunt Type 2 lands in newton or jasper counties?

Comment

I hunt the SHNF and had does within 50-70 yards during October on several sits this year. I saw nothing after general season started.

Comment

Comment

Marshman I hunted Newton type II and scored on 2 does 1 buck.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Marshman I hunted Newton type II and scored on 2 does 1 buck.

Well I'd say you did pretty well for public land! Were all these bow kills?

Comment

I live in the middle of the SHNF between Cleveland and Coldspring, and even though I don't hunt it alot I always see alot good solid bucks crossing FM945 as I'm coming and going, also have feeders on our property and always have deer and hogs coming to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X