Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As of tomorrow I will be unemplo..errr self employed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like in the background of this thread Johnny Paycheck is singing, "Take this JOB and shove it!!" Good luck to you.

Comment

Mike, you got this!! I've sort of been following along on this trek you have made these last few years... You just get out there and work hard as if you were working for God Himself and He will honor that! In a manner of speaking you are working for Him... good or bad. I did the same thing back in '06 and made the commitment to honor God in all I do and credit Him for any successes the company had... He ain't let me down yet!

I lift you up in prayer Mike that you'd be successful and happy in what you do!

Comment

Best of luck, sounds like you have a plan in place. Like others have said, have a plan B & C for the ups and downs.

Comment

Good luck! Kill it!

Comment

I got total faith in ya sir!!! I walked away with zero issues in the biomedical industry......sometimes you gotta make a choice!
            [QUOTE=Drycreek3189;12370984]I stopped working for wages in 1989. Scared as hell but it turned out to be the best thing I ever did. Just keep your nose to the grindstone and pay off everything you can as you can. Believe me, it's a good feeling to wake up one morning and know everything you own is paid for.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Good luck! Been there since 92, love it

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                Awesome, good luck to you, no ba**s, no blue chips! Sounds like your cutting blue chips!
                I see what you did there

Comment

You got this Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck, Mike!

Make hay while the sun is shining, but be sure to put some in the barn to get you through those cloudy periods!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Some of yall may remember a couple of threads of mine basically whining about the downward slide of the company I work for and as a result a reduction in pay and a demotion. ( and others being layed off ). Well, I turned in my notice almost 2 weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day here. I will be going full time in the small shop I started in 2013. I have been running it part time since then, made good money for a while then had a terrible year last year ( oil crash ) then things have bounced back big time since Thanksgiving or so. How long it will last, I dont know. But things have been getting worse in my full time job and some personal issues have arisen, along with the pick up in work that have made this as good a time to make the jump as I have yet seen.

I have never been unemployed before, never went without a job longer than a weekend ( leave on a friday and start new job monday ) so this is a big jump.

I will admit I am scared, but the time is right so here we go. Wish me luck, I am sure I will need it!
                        On my own since 04 and thank the Lord everyday for it. A little advice for what its worth, keep your books straight and pay your taxes. Oil field may be your biggest customer but try to diversify your services. Oil field can be a blessing or a bust.

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Good luck sir

Comment

I truly appreciate the well wishes, prayers and advice! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Good luck with all that you do Mike. I met you a while back (sale of air compressor) and remember you as being a great guy. Wish the best for you bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X