Thumbs up to KJO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs up to KJO

MAN! Had another great time at KJO this past wknd! I have pics on my phone I'll try to get uploaded today.

Arrived at ranch Thursday afternoon. Keith, Coop, Ronny, & I loaded up & went to Lake Calaveras for some bowfishin. I ain't seen that many gar & sucker fish ever! Also, didn't realize how many mossicans liked that lake as well. Anyway, I had more shot opps than you could shake a stick at, but had a difficult time learnin the snap-shot. 1st time I've ever been & I'm addicted!

Fri mornin I helped fill feeders. Seein all the game out there really got my blood pumpin for the hunt that evenin. Back at camp, I just relaxed. That afternoon, the rest of the hunters showed up; SaltH2O & his boy, Mars, 134, & a Lurker (said he'll be joinin TBH this week!) Fri eve, there were 5 pigs shot w/ 3 recovered (including my 1st bowkill!) We looked for them other 2 pigs 'til about 1030 Fri nite. Everybody else racked out pretty early, so I stayed up & whupped Coop's arse in cards. Next mornin found us all in the blinds. Salt & his boy connected on a hog (I'll let Shawn tell that story cos he does it better than me!). 1 of the ram hunters dropped a beautiful Painted Desert from the hay ring. Keith let 2 of the ram hunters put on a stalk which netted a Corsican & another PD. We trailed another hog that was unrecoverd from the Cul-de-Sack. That evenin, the wind was soooo bad that most of the animals were tucked in for the nite. 1 hunter shot a pig, but Keith called off the search after about 2 hrs of bustin brush.

Sunday mornin: 2 of the hunters had already tagged out, so only 3 of us went out. I had an awesome sit! I had BB & WT does 10yds in front of my brush blind at 7am. They ate & meandered away. At 8, a small BB & doe walked up & ate a bit also. I had adjusted my chair for a potential shot. When the 4 HUGE Axis doe & fawn came out at 845 (30yds), I was out of position for a shot. Everytime I'd try to adjust for a shot, they glared in my direction. Not wantin to spook em, I waited for them to come into my shootin window. Regrettably, All I needed was them to move towards me about 10yds for a shot ... never happended.

Keith had asked what time we 3 wanted to be picked up; we said 10. About 1015, he rolled up & collected all us hunters. On the way back to camp, he spotted the rams. Really wanting Salt & Noah to fill their tag, Keith asked if they wanted to put on a stalk. They did. Coop went with 'em & Salt was able to connect (again, Salt can tell that story better than me!)

All in all, 6 extremely satisfied hunters who are already talkin about bookin another hunt! Keith & Coop busted arse again to make it a great hunt & succeeded in every possible way!

Comment

Originally posted by ElWhompo View Post
      MAN! Had another great time at KJO this past wknd! I have pics on my phone I'll try to get uploaded today.

Arrived at ranch Thursday afternoon. Keith, Coop, Ronny, & I loaded up & went to Lake Calaveras for some bowfishin. I ain't seen that many gar & sucker fish ever! Also, didn't realize how many mossicans liked that lake as well. Anyway, I had more shot opps than you could shake a stick at, but had a difficult time learnin the snap-shot. 1st time I've ever been & I'm addicted!

Fri mornin I helped fill feeders. Seein all the game out there really got my blood pumpin for the hunt that evenin. Back at camp, I just relaxed. That afternoon, the rest of the hunters showed up; SaltH2O & his boy, Mars, 134, & a Lurker (said he'll be joinin TBH this week!) Fri eve, there were 5 pigs shot w/ 3 recovered (including my 1st bowkill!) We looked for them other 2 pigs 'til about 1030 Fri nite. Everybody else racked out pretty early, so I stayed up & whupped Coop's arse in cards. Next mornin found us all in the blinds. Salt & his boy connected on a hog (I'll let Shawn tell that story cos he does it better than me!). 1 of the ram hunters dropped a beautiful Painted Desert from the hay ring. Keith let 2 of the ram hunters put on a stalk which netted a Corsican & another PD. We trailed another hog that was unrecoverd from the Cul-de-Sack. That evenin, the wind was soooo bad that most of the animals were tucked in for the nite. 1 hunter shot a pig, but Keith called off the search after about 2 hrs of bustin brush.

Sunday mornin: 2 of the hunters had already tagged out, so only 3 of us went out. I had an awesome sit! I had BB & WT does 10yds in front of my brush blind at 7am. They ate & meandered away. At 8, a small BB & doe walked up & ate a bit also. I had adjusted my chair for a potential shot. When the 4 HUGE Axis doe & fawn came out at 845 (30yds), I was out of position for a shot. Everytime I'd try to adjust for a shot, they glared in my direction. Not wantin to spook em, I waited for them to come into my shootin window. Regrettably, All I needed was them to move towards me about 10yds for a shot ... never happended.

Keith had asked what time we 3 wanted to be picked up; we said 10. About 1015, he rolled up & collected all us hunters. On the way back to camp, he spotted the rams. Really wanting Salt & Noah to fill their tag, Keith asked if they wanted to put on a stalk. They did. Coop went with 'em & Salt was able to connect (again, Salt can tell that story better than me!)

All in all, 6 extremely satisfied hunters who are already talkin about bookin another hunt! Keith & Coop busted arse again to make it a great hunt & succeeded in every possible way!
      He must of let you win

Comment

I like to think it was skill ... but yer prolly right! hahahaha

Comment

Nice write up and a soon as I get caught up as out of these dang meetings, I'll do a write up.

Certainly was a great time.

Comment

Sounds like y'all had a great time and laid down some animals!

Comment

good trip...lookin forward to the pics!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Cool, congratulations

Comment

KJO is always a great time. Congrats to all.

Comment

My pics

BB at a brushblind I hunted ...

A little taggin ...

A coupla killers (some of these pics may been on another thread) ...

This little piggy ... was skewered

Pad'ner

Saw this & immediately thought of my Dear Bride ... dunno why

Comment

awesome !!! great write-up and congrats to all the hunters ! - c

Comment

Here is a link to my report.

Being able to share camp with a great group of guys and get two bow kills w/ my son made for an amazing weekend.

Comment

that is awesome...congrats...next time call me!!!

Comment

sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X