• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes them with adjustable legs?

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunterBall View Post
      What you pay for it? Like it alot just remember it being expensive
      I picked it up @ Bass Pro Grapevine for 239.99 on sale. I think they run 299.99 normally. It's a little pricey compared to others but it very sturdy. I have a buddy with one of those cheapos from Academy and I feel like the thing is going to collapse at any moment. If you have the means, I would go with what coach said and build one yourself. I just don't have the tools to do it so had to settle buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by ThwackerZ7X View Post
        I picked it up @ Bass Pro Grapevine for 239.99 on sale. I think they run 299.99 normally. It's a little pricey compared to others but it very sturdy. I have a buddy with one of those cheapos from Academy and I feel like the thing is going to collapse at any moment. If you have the means, I would go with what coach said and build one yourself. I just don't have the tools to do it so had to settle buying one.
        Thanks again for all the info. i had a brain relapse and remembered an old fuel tank stand at my grandparents old place. it's app 6' tall, by 6' by 4' square on the bottom. all it would need is a platform welded on the top. or, i could even put plywood down and build a small blind on top , or just stick a pop-up on there. MAYBE ?

Comment

I have 2 tripods similar to what you discribed. 10' & 15', I bought both of them at the Super S in Llano, TX. They were probably $150-200 when I bought them a couple years ago. I'll try to find pictures to show you and upload them from my phone.

Comment

I'm a fan of the old style 12' Strong Built tripods. The 1-piece legs slide into the 1-piece base, 1 bolt through both parts, tighten and stand up in about 3 minutes. I hate the ones that have all the friggin' leg pieces, supports, & cross braces and take 2 hours and a Chinese math degree to assemble.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
              Who makes them with adjustable legs?
              I converted ours to have adjustable legs. I cut off the leg base about 1' from the bottom.
              Welded a piece of tubing 1 size smaller into it, about 2' extending out.
              Drilled holes every 2-3", depending on what increments you want it to adjust.
              Drill the other side of the leg and use a D ring to hold it in place.
              Just do two legs and you can set it up just about anywhere you want.

Comment

All of mine are stongbuilts. I have about 8 of them and love them. Have them from 10'-16'.

Comment

I use whatever I find on clearance in February of each year...LOL. I have several different brands. all bought new for $100 or less. They all hunt about the same. The gorilla brand seem to be a little shorted than advertised but other that that it makes little difference to me.

Good luck.

-john

Comment

the ideas are rolling in now..... sincerely thanks guys !!!

Comment

I bought a 9' Texas Folding Tripod from Ultramatic Feeders in Hemstead Tx 5 years ago. It was around $300 but, man it looks just as good as day 1! I know I will get atleast another 10 years from it! The thing I like the most is it folds up and I throw it on my shoulder and move to the next spot.

Comment

Originally posted by flashof1979 View Post
                        I bought a 9' Texas Folding Tripod from Ultramatic Feeders in Hemstead Tx 5 years ago. It was around $300 but, man it looks just as good as day 1! I know I will get atleast another 10 years from it! The thing I like the most is it folds up and I throw it on my shoulder and move to the next spot.
                        Let me clear things I actually have 2 of the same tripods. 1 for me and 1 for my 14 year old boy.

Comment

I've got some of the gametamer quadpods. Love them!!!!

Stable, Quiet and easy to set up and level!

Not that hard to make, if you have a welder and a chop saw!

Comment

I have a heavy duty one for sale in the classifieds. Pm me if you want more info.

Comment

Working...
                            X