How do I change the battery in this type of door lock

It won’t open at this time. I’m thinking it’s the batteries

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9759.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	25177128

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure there has to be some way to remove the cover and access the batteries. Look for a little set screw on top or a way to pop the cover off.

Comment

Batteries are normally on the interior side of the door. What brand is that?
      Also, it has a key override, but I suppose you do not have keys...

Todd

Comment

true

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
        Batteries are normally on the interior side of the door. What brand is that?
        Also, it has a key override, but I suppose you do not have keys...

Todd
        door key does not work

cant find a set screw

see if i can get in with a credit card.

Comment

well that didnt work.

Comment

Mine is different from yours, so this might not help you out. But mine has a 9V battery jumper on the bottom of the box. In case internal batteries die, you can hook up a 9V at the bottom and jumper it open.

Comment

We have some residential ones but the batteries are inside, so you just pop the cover off in there. Not much help if you can't get in.

Comment

Pry bar and hammer???

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                  door key does not work

cant find a set screw

see if i can get in with a credit card.
                  For the credit card trick to work, you would need to pull the door hard enough
                  to cause the deadlatch to fall completely in the strike hole. You may need to remove the trim going down the frame. Not always possible but worth a shot.

Todd

Comment

Sometimes on the commercial side those are run by low voltage. The wires enter through the hinge. Something might be wrong there if it isn't battery powered. If it is battery powered the screws will be on the inside.

Comment

what does the ceiling look like? Good old tile just jump the wall.
                      If you want you can drill a 1/4 hole in the bottom and use a screwdriver to force the lock to turn.
                      or push on the door and use an ice pick to dig into the latch and push it back

Comment

sounds like a good reason to go fishing

Comment

On the inside...
                          If it’s a drop ceiling, go over the top and use a cord to engage handle

Comment

LOL!!! Just rolled back up to the top to look at the picture again and noticed the access code is written on a label sticking to the door....LOL !!

Comment

welp, crawled over the walls and got the door open at the office. dust all over the place now, got the door open using a long crutch. excited.... now i left my phone in the attic so guess Ill get that after work. just found out we don't have an allen wrench here at work either.

Oh well, making progression.
                              by the way, anyone know what size batteries I am going to need to replace?

Comment

Working...
                              X