Juco Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juco Baseball

Like to hear what your kids are doing in Juco baseball and softball this year. Brag away, post videos, give tips on advancing to the next level, team success, etc.

Here's mine. He's doing pretty well as a reliever at Navarro College this year with an ERA of .818 and a WHIP of .636, allowing just 3 hits and one earned run in 11 innings while striking out 8.

https://youtu.be/g-GRYBG9csc
    Last edited by tradtiger; 03-19-2017, 08:59 AM.

Awesome Stuff !!!!! Good Luck this season����

Comment

Sorry for the link. Maybe someone or a moderator can help with embedding the video.
      Thanks.

Comment

I got a D3 softball player...is he a sidearmer?

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
          I got a D3 softball player...is he a sidearmer?
          Congrats to you and your daughter. Actually, he's a little lower than straight sidearm -- submarine.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Congrats to you and your daughter. Actually, he's a little lower than straight sidearm -- submarine.

I love submarine pitchers...you just don't see it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mm5455 View Post
              Awesome Stuff !!!!! Good Luck this season����
              Thanks, MM. Team currently leading conference.

Comment

Pretty sure there are more JUCO parents of baseball or softball players out there who would like to post pictures, videos, updates on their players. Maybe even widen the net to provide a spot for high school player parents looking to play college ball to feature their player. I can say for a fact that exposure on TBH helped my son receive a call from the school where he now plays in JUCO. Many coaches, former coaches, scouts, former pro players on here who may know someone to make a call to. Anyone hoping to go the "next level" is welcome to post.

Comment

I caught two years at Blinn and another two at UTSA, and then coached a year while finishing up my degree.

Tell him to stick it out and keep working. JUCO ball is at times more demanding than playing for an established division 1 program.

Comment

In

Comment

My son is a freshman catcher at Temple Junior College. He's worked his way in the lineup a few times. Juco ball is very competitive, and fun to watch. There are some great players in Texas juco ball. If your son has aspirations of playing college ball, go watch a D1 juco game together, and keep an open mind. It's definitely not what most people think it is, (in a good way).

Comment

Its been years (30+) since I played college baseball but I remember the JUCO teams we played in the fall and early spring had guys with enormous raw-talent. The Blinn, Texarkana, Ranger, Navarro, Paris and Panola JUCO teams we played had better talent than we did (Northwestern Louisiana).

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          Sorry for the link. Maybe someone or a moderator can help with embedding the video.
                          Thanks.
                          Go to edit and just delete the S in https:

Comment

Thanks. Will try later.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine played at Ranger last year. He blew his arm trying out for Texas State. He’s now home after Tommy John surgery. This made his 3rd surgery (broken wrist &Torn shoulder). Kids had more injuries playing baseball then he ever did in football. This made his 3rd surgery. I'd love to see him back playing but i can see his interest changing.

Comment

Working...
                              X