No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI YAWL!!! a new friend told me about this website so I just joined TBH.com & hunt almost exclusively SHNF (only Huntsville State Park twice). I used a Barnett Jackal Crossbow, 30-30 T/C Pistol, & CVA Muzzleloader; you can see I like "Gettin' in Close" as most of my shots are 20-35yards killing Deer & Hogs over the years. Just got a Reverse Barnett Vengeance & wanting to try it out at my fave Hog Wallows - Big'Uns In There!!! I want to do more "Archery Only" hunts where the "Yahoos" don't go!!! Hope to see ya'll out there sometime...TTYL!

Comment

Originally posted by ElCazador59 View Post
      HI YAWL!!! a new friend told me about this website so I just joined TBH.com & hunt almost exclusively SHNF (only Huntsville State Park twice). I used a Barnett Jackal Crossbow, 30-30 T/C Pistol, & CVA Muzzleloader; you can see I like "Gettin' in Close" as most of my shots are 20-35yards killing Deer & Hogs over the years. Just got a Reverse Barnett Vengeance & wanting to try it out at my fave Hog Wallows - Big'Uns In There!!! I want to do more "Archery Only" hunts where the "Yahoos" don't go!!! Hope to see ya'll out there sometime...TTYL!
      Welcome to the fire. Did your friend tell you that in order to join you have to give up your best public land hunting spot[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny BuckChaser!!! Don't mind giving updates as to Clear-Burns & Water Levels as I go year-round to the forest camping at Stubblefield (I fish when not hunting/scouting); gonna start scouting the "Archery Only" near Cagle Campground. Seen bucks crossing blacktop FM1375 between Cagle & Equestrian Parking area.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser View Post
          Welcome to the fire. Did your friend tell you that in order to join you have to give up your best public land hunting spot[emoji1]

Don't forget there are dues that have to be paid also. We need to set up an account for them.

Comment

You're hunting in my area. Yes there are some pigs back there. Good luck this year.

Who's your friend?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all yall...ain't got cash for dues but I cook a mean gumbo!!! Willing to share next time I go up there & will let ya know. Ray C. is my friend, but he says he is just a "Looker" & don't have account...I like the back & forth but gotta go for now...leaving work from Downtown Houston & gotta catch a bus...TGIF!!! :-))

Comment

Nothing in that archery only area....Keep moving.

Comment

It's been addressed and asked by many and many times not to mention Rd names. But if you must do so post some coordinates while your at it. It will save the rest a little time and leg work. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                    It's been addressed and asked by many and many times not to mention Rd names. But if you must do so post some coordinates while your at it. It will save the rest a little time and leg work. Thanks in advance
                    He's new and doesn't know. Plus he probably didn't read the first page, he just jumped in.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      He's new and doesn't know. Plus he probably didn't read the first page, he just jumped in.

Ya , I figured as much. But the Coordinates would help I'm always looking for new areas.

Comment

Ya , I figured as much. But the Coordinates would help I'm always looking for new areas.
                        Lol. You're doing fine!

Comment

I accidentally posted an area. I forgot the first rule of fight club

Comment

And we're looking for your areas LOL

Comment

My areas change. But it still consist of the small area of the SHNF of 163K acres .

Comment

I'm heading out weekend after next for a backpacking wilderness small game hunt....haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X