No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At it again. Probably last time until week before thanksgiving. Kicked a deer up on the way in. It's warm but hopefully this front pushes down a little further than expected and gets em on their feet before dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be heading out to grasslands tomorrow for a week long hunt. Will post pics and unit numbers when and if I kill...

Just kidding on the unit numbers. I'm going to bird watch! Definitely no deer out there

Comment

Last weekend was good. I passed on two spikes at <10 yards, one of which was a full bodied shooter. I had to think hard about not shooting him. Later a coyote came in at 12 yards, and I stung her. She only went 15 yards.

Then three doe came in down wind,but they got all concerned about the dead yote on the ground, they totally never picked me up. The lead doe was the biggest, so I let her have it at 27 yards. They all ran but one came back to hang around. I ended up pushing her out when I had to climb down. I found her dead about 60 yards off with a double shoulder shot.

I took this week end off to make my doe summer sausage. (the P&S Seasoning kit is the way to go) I'm off for two weeks, so i'll be hitting it hard, if it ever cools down.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice, shot a few doe last year and a spike and a buddy shot a good buck also.

Comment

Well done BP!

Comment

Hunted this weekend yesterday evening and this morning only seen a doe but there is alot of hunters out there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in a black 4x4 z71 chevy with a tool box in the bed if you see me say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                  I am in a black 4x4 z71 chevy with a tool box in the bed if you see me say hi.

Dang son! It's been a while . How old is that child now?

Comment

Turns 10 the 21st. Hopeing to have him shoot his first deer thid year with a rifle

Comment

How have you been tg?

Comment

Been better, ...when I was younger . But been worse too. So I just thank the Lord for each day.

I can hardly believe he's about 10! Seems like yesterday that ya joined here.

Comment

Yes been many years ago lol. You get to do any hunting anymore?

Comment

A little now and then. Been to warm for me. And been having arthritic probs. You know, the age thing. And been busy here at the house with a hunting project for my BNL this Oct. Almost got it finished up. Glad we're not in the 100s or 90s anymore. But will be glad when this front comes through this week too .

How many kiddos ya raise-n now?

Comment

Came out here today. Sat up at lunch time at a spot I've never hunted before but sure its a lot of sign. Will be here all week

Comment

Got my son and daughter and got a divorce from there mom, and been divorced 2 1/2 years and i am about to be married november 11th. Finally found the one that can put up with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X