Which protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which protein

Looking for suggestion on a reasonably priced protein. It is my understanding that one should use the same protein each time and not switch back and forth.
    Antler max? Sportsman choice, Red Chain?
    I dont have access to Lissey and Eckel or Double Down.

Thanks!

I feed whatever the cheapest 20% is from the local feed store. Usually ends up being West Deer Feeds 20%

Comment

If you're traveling through San Angelo to go hunt Angelo Pellets has a really good feed and it will save you a good chunk getting it directly from them.

Comment

Record Rack 20% is at TSC near my lease...deer hammer it

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          If you're traveling through San Angelo to go hunt Angelo Pellets has a really good feed and it will save you a good chunk getting it directly from them.
          Stupid question but where is Angelo pellets? I live in Angelo and usually buy my protein from palmers...

Comment

I fed Purina 18% dairy pellets, and they ate it great.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              I’ll check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                Stupid question but where is Angelo pellets? I live in Angelo and usually buy my protein from palmers...
                Bell St north of the loop a couple blocks

Comment

Antler Max is what I use here in Texas

Comment

I use Lissey and Eckels but have used antler max before with good results.

Comment

I try to feed corn and soybeans and not the bag feed in order to attempt to feed the animals somewhat healthy because we eat them... is anyone else concerned about eating the deer we feed cheap deer feed to 12 months a yr? vs shooting a feee range deer we don't feed... just curious.

Comment

Working...
                      X