Goose island state park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goose island state park

We're headed down there for the first time next weekend. Looking for a few fishing tips not very familiar with rockport at all non the less goose island. I know of some reef locations and that's about it. Any body familiar with the area? Tips and lures to use? Will be in kayaks so our range is about 5 miles.

It's bigger than you think! I'd go to Goose Island Rock Port to me is more of a boat place.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      It's bigger than you think! I'd go to Goose Island Rock Port to me is more of a boat place.
      I guess I didn't word my post well we will be staying at goose island.

Comment

There was a recent thread about Goose Island and some guys were giving some good advice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to live in goose island. Keep in mind I suck at saltwater fishing but if you drive the road past the free public ramp and past those cottages (I think it's called big tree cabins now) and to the last 90 degree turn near the water we would wade fish right there. Never any monsters but was always good for 4 or 5 keepers. My brother had a boat and would go further back in st Charles and fish the oyster reefs/beds.. whatever there called. And did pretty good. Sorry wish I was more help.

Comment

Originally posted by DDOYLE View Post
            I used to live in goose island. Keep in mind I suck at saltwater fishing but if you drive the road past the free public ramp and past those cottages (I think it's called big tree cabins now) and to the last 90 degree turn near the water we would wade fish right there. Never any monsters but was always good for 4 or 5 keepers. My brother had a boat and would go further back in st Charles and fish the oyster reefs/beds.. whatever there called. And did pretty good. Sorry wish I was more help.
            Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Comment

Whatever you do try to get a campsite on the island ! If you stay in the woods you better bring plenty of Off. We use to stay there a lot and always on the island. Once we stayed in the woods and like to have gotten hauled away by the skeeters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                Whatever you do try to get a campsite on the island ! If you stay in the woods you better bring plenty of Off. We use to stay there a lot and always on the island. Once we stayed in the woods and like to have gotten hauled away by the skeeters.
                All they had available was the wooded area I'm not to happy about that but we have plenty of off and thermocels.

Comment

Well that didnt work let me try again

Comment

Another spot i dont think was mentioned is behind the rockport airport. There is a little park off of Loop 1781 you can launch at.

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip. In for the info and an after action report next week

Comment

If you've never had the experience go catch a big black drum off a pier, heck of an experience for an old west Texas perch catcher like myself. Other than that the guys at Tackle Town are pretty helpful, either that or they felt sorry for a lost west Texas redneck perch catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Sounds like a fun trip. In for the info and an after action report next week
                          Will do I'm sure we will find something slimey! Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                            Will do I'm sure we will find something slimey! Thanks for the input guys.

Bump for an update... How was the fishing?

Comment

Working...
                            X