what cloverto plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what cloverto plant?

About to put in a plot this weekend, land is in the Killeen/Maxdale area. I want to do oats, with some type of clover. I've seen several different types of clover mentioned on here, just wondering which one might be best for my area. Will be planting in a good black soil.

Call Turner Seed in Breckenridge.

Comment

How big is your plot?

Comment

plot

Originally posted by txarcher View Post
        How big is your plot?
        It'll be two plots each about an acre

Comment

I think that crimson clover would complement the oats well. It is considered an annual and tends to grow more in cool weather. It will mature pretty early, probably right about the time that the oats really take off in the spring.

Comment

I would mix fall/winter type clovers other clovers that will do better in late spring till it gets hot. That way you only have to plant once in the fall and get fall and spring food plots.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              I would mix fall/winter type clovers other clovers that will do better in late spring till it gets hot. That way you only have to plant once in the fall and get fall and spring food plots.

What are some Fall type clovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call Turner Seed in Breckenridge.

I'm putting this in the ground tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  What are some Fall type clovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Call Turner Seed and get their input on it. They are great people to work with and a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Call Turner Seed and get their input on it. They are great people to work with and a wealth of knowledge.

Yeah they laughed when I put the Whitetail Institute soil test in front of them at Turner. He said I'd burn up every thing I had if I it that much lime out!

Comment

Working...
                    X