Strange Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big papa View Post
    How do you prepare a snake for cooking (skinning, gutting, etc.) Also has anybody ever eatten copperhead?
    Never fooled with nothing but rattlers... Copperhead would probably be no different...

I like to kill the snake without it getting stirred up... then split it up the belly and peel the hide off... and thrrow the guts away... cut it up into 2" chunks.. and wash in fresh water.. then cook as above. I've also barbecued it and never had to throw any out...

Comment

Cool. Thanks. How do you kill them without getting them stirred up?

Comment

Cool. Thanks. How do you kill them without getting them stirred up?
        Sneak up on 'em

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of gar patties? If so whats the recipe?
          Gar balls . We would grind the gar up with green onions and pepper roll into balls coat with corn meal and deep fry................ good as it gets

Comment

Originally posted by JTS View Post
            is the economy THAT bad? LOL

what could you possibly want with these

Comment

Originally posted by lazyeye View Post

what could you possibly want with these
              Just something fun for everybody.

Comment

Ok, I think I'm going to have to try the snake recipe. Only time I've ever eaten it has been at a gun show. Usually I just kill'em for the skin or the rattlers.

Comment

Planked Carp Anyone?

Take a 2 lb. Carp.

Carefully score the skin on one side.

Rub with a mixture of salt, red pepper, brown sugar, and mustard. Consistency should be like a paste.

Nail the Carp to a Cedar plank.

Set the whole thing close to a good hot open fire of Oak coals. Not so close that you burn up the plank, or scorch the fish.

When done to a turn, throw away the Carp and eat the plank.

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                    Never fooled with nothing but rattlers... Copperhead would probably be no different...

I like to kill the snake without it getting stirred up... then split it up the belly and peel the hide off... and thrrow the guts away... cut it up into 2" chunks.. and wash in fresh water.. then cook as above. I've also barbecued it and never had to throw any out...
                    Ok, got a rattler hunt planned for tonight. I'm hoping to try the above recipe. Anybody else have any pointers or tips on cleaning the snake to eat, or any additional recipes?

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      Cow Udder Eclairs

12 fresh lean cow udders
                      1 pint of whipping cream
                      1 cup of brown sugar
                      1 can artichoke hearts
                      1 stick butter
                      1 small filleted smelt
                      1 container of Nair

Soak the cow udders in Nair to remove the hair. Repeat several times if
                      necessary until all hair is removed. Rinse in warm water. Place a stick of
                      butter into a warm frying pan. Wait until all of the butter has melted,
                      then add the cow udders. Fry them for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
                      Chop the artichoke hearts and smelt on a cutting board into fine pieces. In
                      a large bowl, add the whipping cream, brown sugar and the chopped artichokes
                      and smelt. With a mixer on low, whip until creamy with a consistency like
                      vanilla pudding. Remove the udders from the pan and make a long slice down
                      the side of each udder. Spread the pudding mixture into each slit. Serve
                      warm or cold and have an "Udderly Wonderful" snack.
                      i have to say that of everything on here, this one makes me want to throw up

Comment

Cool. I just found a new one on the net. However I will NOT be trying it!!!!!

Cricket Cookies

Ingredients:
                        2 1/4 cup flour
                        1 tsp. baking soda
                        1 tsp. salt
                        1 cup butter, softened
                        3/4 cup sugar
                        3/4 cup brown sugar
                        1 tsp. vanilla
                        2 eggs
                        1 12-ounce chocolate chips
                        1 cup chopped nuts
                        1/2 cup dry-roasted crickets

Directions:
                        Preheat oven to 375. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and insects, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
                        where do you find dried crickets? I checked in all the parking lots of the gas sations in town but most were still alive>

Comment

I am wondering if any of these recipes were put in the new cook book?

Comment

I posted this awhile back, thought it fit this thread. Our beaver trapping season is right around the corner, and we will be having us some of these!

Comment

Pooldeau is all i ever knew them as till i was bout 16. My great grandma use to make the guys go out and kill a mess of them. Ther gizzards are huge and sopposedly great, i never tried them.

Gar patties are better known as gar boulet. It is gar meat, crackers egg and spices mixed up and fried, similar to a salmon patty.

Comment

just came across this. some interesting recipes on here. ttt to see if we can get any new ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X