School rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    well i saw an email from the principal of my kids school. I asked my kid about it. He said it was really nothing. Said a few girls that wear boys cloths and a couple guys that wear makeup stood out by the flagpole yelling about guns and everyone else went on to class.
    winner^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      I guess I don’t disagree with letting them voice their opinion AS LONG as they allow those with the opposite opinion (kids who are Pro 2A) to voice theirs as well in the exact same format. I do however think it should be done outside of normal school hours.
      So kids should be allowed to stage a protest once per week and walk out of class as they see fit?

School is to learn, period. Students can voice their opinion but shouldn't be allowed to skip class.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        You have to realize these are the same kids that brought us the Tide Pod Challenge.

Comment

Reminds me of when a company I worked for did the onsite facilities management for UC office of the President just down from UC Berkley. I would call on Fridays sometimes to touch base with our on site manager. Every Friday some group was outside of there protesting something or the other. It became a joke that these overpriveledged snivelers had anything to protest.

Comment

The scary thing is these kids will be running the country in a few years. [emoji15]

Comment

I was involved in a few walk out protests back when. We were mad adout friends and family coming back from Vietnam in body bags......

This is just stupid.....

Comment

I remember when I was in high school, we couldn't wear shorts, only jeans. One day a group of 5-7 students decided they were going to do a walkout to protest not being able to wear shorts. The principal found out about and made an announcement that any student who protested would get three days OSS (Out of School Suspension), which I believe was the max allowed at the time. When students found out they could get 3 extra days off in addition to the "walkout" afternoon, that tripled the number of kids that decided to walk out.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                  The scary thing is these kids will be running the country in a few years. [emoji15]
                  Can only hope that as they become adults and have actual adult responsibilities they will realize how ignorant they were when they were in HS

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Can only hope that as they become adults and have actual adult responsibilities they will realize how ignorant they were when they were in HS
                    If they do, judging by my own experiences, it will almost be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I hope they boycott Cabalas.

Comment

Just told my wife about this post, she retired last year after 32 years of teaching in the North Texas area. She laughed about the comment the teacher made it was in "her contract?" All my wife said is she just taught and tried to do her job, taking care of the kids at school and educating them.

IMO, the protest's are a joke, nothing more than some taking advantage and getting on a soap box to get out of class. Also, the MAIN reason my wife retired, loved the kids...was the lack of PARENTAL support when she had a kid not behaving, grades, etc.

She also had a kid that would threaten other students, point fingers at teachers, admins pretending to shoot them??? THIS was a 4th grader with emotional problems. The parents, oh...he always does that, just being a boy?? They even had a resource officer (LEO) assigned to the school talk to him and he pointed his finger at him and said "bang."

Parents, Parents, Parents....we both believe school exists for too many just to send their kids away for hours each day and not have to BE a parent!! If our boys were still in High School I'd probably got called that they were telling the protesters a thing or two about hunting and responsible gun ownership...

Comment

I’m surprised at the ridicule. Seventeen dead bodies deserve to be mourned. If part of that process involves a walkout, so be it. Mourning the dead is part of the healing process.

Now back to the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Too bad kids can't just be kids any longer. Schools are an institution for learning and not walkout/protests.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              I’m surprised at the ridicule. Seventeen dead bodies deserve to be mourned. If part of that process involves a walkout, so be it. Mourning the dead is part of the healing process.

Now back to the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I feel the Survivors should grieve and mourn however they need to heel and should take as much time as needed in whatever capacity. But...... a school 2000 miles is not mourning. They are skipping school and should not be tolerated. Everyone claiming to need their space and platform is part of the issue. God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                                I was involved in a few walk out protests back when. We were mad adout friends and family coming back from Vietnam in body bags......

This is just stupid.....
                                This has nothing to do with why they protested. It's the fact the school accepted it. And the fact that everything is backwards now in our society. I promise if some kids did a pro-2nd amendment rally they would get reprimanded.

Comment

Working...
                                X