No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out in unit 2 this morning. Alot of tracts but nothing really fresh. Put out some hog wild so well see if anything shows up. Going up north past 380 this afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be up in 9 or 11 this afternoon. Good luck out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in the north part of 6 yesterday. Lots of promise in there.

Comment

I frequent unit 2 and 3 a lot with my bow at night. If anyone wants to join just pm me. I live really close to it.

Comment

Walked 9 and 11 Sunday evening. Found LOTS of fresh sign, and some good trails. Also ran across a fancy homemade tree stand and a trail cam.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                I was in the north part of 6 yesterday. Lots of promise in there.

My son and I were in south part of unit 8 yesterday. Plenty of sign, but in 4 hunts 6 and 8 we have not seen anything. Heard some deer snort once a ways off but that is it. Where do you park when you hunt 6? We may run into each other.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                  My son and I were in south part of unit 8 yesterday. Plenty of sign, but in 4 hunts 6 and 8 we have not seen anything. Heard some deer snort once a ways off but that is it. Where do you park when you hunt 6? We may run into each other.
                  Near the gate off 1377.

Comment

Ok PM sent to you.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post

Wow, I hope you marked that on the map.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sat in my climber in zone 2 around 630pm. Someone drove an ATV all the way back into the woods and proceeded to build something for about an hour about 60 yards from me then drove around lost until we finally flashed with a light and scared him. Pointed him back to the road He apologized and was nice and assuming he had no idea that it's a pretty serious violation to have any vehicle back here. We never found what he built assuming a stand then he drove on back to Bridgefarmer. Saw some pigs around 9 but they were skiddish and circled around us for about an hour. Fun and interesting night.

Comment

Originally posted by Knot at work View Post
                          Sat in my climber in zone 2 around 630pm. Someone drove an ATV all the way back into the woods and proceeded to build something for about an hour about 60 yards from me then drove around lost until we finally flashed with a light and scared him. Pointed him back to the road He apologized and was nice and assuming he had no idea that it's a pretty serious violation to have any vehicle back here. We never found what he built assuming a stand then he drove on back to Bridgefarmer. Saw some pigs around 9 but they were skiddish and circled around us for about an hour. Fun and interesting night.
                          i go to Zone 2 a lot since it's close to my house. that big opening where the little pond is has shown a lot of activity. you can see the tracks/trails where they're coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post

I see three violations in that pic. 1st is obvious tree stand being nailed into the tree. Second is construction of a project on ACE lands. Third is on the edge of the water. Someone cut part of that tree down at the base. Stuff like this that cause the project managers wanting to do away with hunting programs. Because they have to pay the man hours to enforce the law, and clean it all up. That cuts into the project budget where as those funds could be used in other places for restoration of some of the parks when they flood, or have some how been damaged.

Simple GPS coordinates to the office via their web sight/e-mail and that should be taken care of by some of the staff. If not, send it to the district office and they will make sure the project manager gets it taken care of . If it's not stopped now, feeders will be going up next. I've seen this type of behavior to many times to know in my 30+ years of hunting ACE lands. I'd sure hate to see yall fellers loose some hunting grounds out there.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-11-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I could not agree with you more TG. This past season I hunted lake Aquila and it is a huge problem out there.

It was hard to get out of a warm bed this morning but I have found myself in a cedar. I'm thinking ldps by lunch..

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                                I could not agree with you more TG. This past season I hunted lake Aquila and it is a huge problem out there.

It was hard to get out of a warm bed this morning but I have found myself in a cedar. I'm thinking ldps by lunch..
                                "Sources" say it just might be a very good day for some "activity"!

Comment

Working...
                                X