• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      I have the odd Eurasian at my place. I’m curious how to hunt them. Do you let them land so you can ID them?
      Jason will be along soon I'm sure to answer this question. I asked him the same thing this morning. The tail gives it away.

Comment

Dove hunting in May you say?!

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        I have the odd Eurasian at my place. I’m curious how to hunt them. Do you let them land so you can ID them?

I answered you in Instagram too..

Look for a long square tipped tail on the Eurasians/ringers. Mourning dove have a single feather tip that looks like a point and flare like a triangle when they bank. Eurasians have a square tail and it’s a wide square with feathers all the same length when they bank or fly . This is the number one indicator in flight for us. Once you see it a few times actually looking for it, you can’t unsee it. It becomes second nature. Also the Eurasians fly like a slow drunk pigeon.

Eurasians:

Mourning:

Last edited by Smart; 05-18-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Well color me jealous.

Not many where I hunt, but I always I D’d by first thinking it was a pigeon.

Comment

I have seen at my hunting lease, when I go out there in a couple of weeks I think I will take my shotgun and a sack of milo.

Comment

Good job. I love me some ring necks

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Bacon anyone?
                  There it is

Comment

Do they taste like mourning dove?

Comment

They taste the same to me. They are about the size of a large white wing. We just cook the same as any dove.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Do they taste like mourning dove?

To me they do but a jumbo sized

Comment

Looks like fun! Do y'all throw out some millet or anything when it's not mourning dove season?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Looks like fun! Do y'all throw out some millet or anything when it's not mourning dove season?

We do not.... but the feedlots near us does put out plenty of grain and wheat seed

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              We do not.... but the feedlots near us does put out plenty of grain and wheat seed
                              Nothing at all wrong with it it you did. I would. But if the feedlot has that base covered for you already, that's even better. Always good bird (dove, pheasant, quail) hunting next to a feedlot.

Comment

Pretty darn cool! Any feral pigeons flying around there? I’d bet they get thick as the Eurasians around the feedlots.

Comment

Working...
                                X