No announcement yet.

Cigarette Littering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticks me off everytime I see someone toss one out the window!

Comment

I think it got worse when they quit putting ash trays in vehicles. But I remember seeing piles of butts in grocery store parking lots as a kid.

Comment

I'm more amazed people still smoke! Nothing like watching a family member gasping for breath, dying of stage 4 lung cancer in the hospital bed.

Comment

I watched a guy throw all of his McDonald's garbage out of his window in parking lot. I walked over picked it up and said this fell out of your window and put it in his lap he said thank you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

It burns my BUTT too ...But Chewing Gum really sets me off!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              It makes me so mad. I see it multiple times per week. People throw their butts out the car window or on the ground before walking into a building. I watched a guy the other day who threw it on the ground 3 feet from a trash can.

Do y'all ever call them out on it? What do you say?
              Just trashy

Comment

I aint never figgered out why Walmart parking lot is the place to dispose of chitty diapers.

I have seen some diapers laying at the Floresville Walmart parking lot that I would like to meet that child and shake its hand, it sure can fill one up.
                Last edited by Radar; 05-02-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  We have an officer in Rockwall that writes that ticket several times a week. He will follow people he sees smoking to see if they throw the butt out.

If he can catch them within walking distance of the butt he will ask them to get out and pick it up.
                  Does he carry one bullet in his front pocket?
                  I think I have seen him on TV

Comment

OOOOOO WEEEEE! Y'all some rough fellers!

Comment

I had a mother that would drop her kid off for tutoring, she would sit for the hour and wait on him in the driveway. I found out she was flicking her butts out in the drive way. Next time she showed up I walked over to the truck and ask if she had a empty coke cup/can. ( the truck was full of trash ) She said sure and handed it to me, I told her I didn't want the cup, I just wanted her to put her butts in it instead of in my driveway. That was the last time she brought her kid over.

Comment

Cellulose acetate, a plastic. Cigarette butts are a bundle of small plastic fibers wrapped together. They take years to biodegrade, but no worse than plastic bags, straws, or styrofoam.

Maybe instead of a ticket, the police should have the offender pick up and eat the cigarette butts. It could not only help deter the littering behavior in the future, but would aid in the breakdown of the cellulose acetate and get it into a proper waste container.

Comment

My name is Jared and I used to be an offender when I smoked as a young selfish man. I regret my actions and beg for forgiveness from the Green Screen.

lol

But in all seriousness, I think back to when I was young and ask myself "why did you think that was ok to do?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                            Does he carry one bullet in his front pocket?
                            I think I have seen him on TV
                            No sir, when the zombies come I'll behind him. I always like pushing his buttons and when Obama got elected I asked him what's gonna happen when "we" come to take his guns, he said, "you just better hope you're at the back of the stack."

Comment

a guy at work sits in his truck at lunch. he smokes and throws them on the ground. I pick them up and put them in the bed of his truck. I don't think he has figured it out yet.

Comment

I tell them they should switch to vaping.....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X