Cigarette Littering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette Littering

It makes me so mad. I see it multiple times per week. People throw their butts out the car window or on the ground before walking into a building. I watched a guy the other day who threw it on the ground 3 feet from a trash can.

Do y'all ever call them out on it? What do you say?

I might think about getting an antler to chew on if I were you.

Comment

Just like lottery tickets---they are everywhere.

Comment

Few things in this world **** me off more. One of these days I’m gonna catch one of those *******s throw one outta a stop light and get out and throw it back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Several years ago during one of our severe droughts, I was at a stoplight behind a car with California plates and a bumper sticker fitting their ignorance. Low-and-behold, the driver flicks his still-lit cigarette out the window and onto the street. I got out of my truck, walked up to their open window, picked up the cigarette and flicked it into his lap after I told him "Don't Mess with Texas wasn't just a slogan". He and his female passenger were dumbfounded and I walked back to my truck.

Yes, it sticks in my craw.

Comment

One of my pet peeves, nothing worse than some loser flicking a butt.

Comment

My mom got a hefty fine for throwing a cigarette butt out the window in Hawaii, like $300
              The next day I got up on Texas time ( 5 hours before sunrise) and the highway was shutdown because of a brush fire caused by a cigarette “ go figure “

Comment

Oh it’s crazy how many “ butts” there are. I ride my bike ( peddle) and at all the intersections ( lights) if you look at the ground there are literally thousands of them laying at each corner of every intersection. It’s royaly disgusting !

Comment

I’ve always found it strange how littering is always frowned upon but cig butts getting tossed on the ground don’t even cause many to bat a eye....

Traveled with someone for work recently that mentioned how disgusting a area was with trash on the roads and during a 3 day span he tossed 30+ cigs on the ground

Comment

It drives me crazy too but iI think the problem is a million times better than it used to be. When I was in high school in the early 2000’s I had a job where I had to go sweep cigarette butts up in the parking lot of an office building. I was always amazed at how many butts we would sweep up every week. I’d guess it was several hundred. That same property probably had 20 butts in the parking lot when I was there a few months ago.

Comment

Ticks me off beyond belief. I don't know how people separate throwing a cig butt on the ground from any other piece of trash. Its not different. Laziness to the max.

Comment

Yes it ticks me off like no other. One time the car in front of me tossed out his butt while doing about 65mph and I casually gave him the double bird and I guess he was watching in his rear view mirror. Next thing I know he break checked me to a complete stop in the middle of the highway with cars going by us. Don't know if I've shot the double bird since on the road but it still chaps me.

I also remember my grandpa standing by the Nueces river, taking a long drag on his Parliment cig and saying how beautiful it was out there- and then flicking his butt right into the river. Makes me shake my head but laugh.
                        Last edited by Patton; 05-01-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I cant stand it either.....I just flicked one out the window btw.

Comment

I've seen it at night driving behind a vehicle and some ashes lit up and went everywhere when it hit the road. I've seen it numerous times actually. When I see that I think of a fire hazard more than anything. It doesn't take much when it's dry to start millions of acres of land on fire. Littering is the least of my worries on that deal.

Littering ain't good of course but throwing a Dr. Pepper can out the window beats catching a bunch of wildlife and property on fire. That's just plain stupid. Use that empty can to put your cigarette butts in and it's a win,win situation.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 05-01-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Few things in this world **** me off more. One of these days I’m gonna catch one of those *******s throw one outta a stop light and get out and throw it back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That will be funny one way or the other...

Comment

Working...
                              X