X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    Shh, you're making it harder...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Didn't think it be that bad since you have to go in person to get the permits. Will still be interesting to follow a public hunt in april

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=TXOUTLAW;13189209]Didn't think it be that bad since you have to go in person to get the permits. Will still be interesting to follow a public hunt in april

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk[/QUOT

The first 80 people in line will get a permit. I bet that line starts way earlier than most expect. I agree, it will be interesting to follow along. Wish I could do it, I'll have to hope for a draw this year. Ready for a rifle hunt!

Comment

I won't be in the line but I will try for the draw again. I enjoyed the experience. Of course crossing paths with those big rattles may make me feel differently. Good luck to those trying

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          The first 80 people in line will get a permit. I bet that line starts way earlier than most expect. I agree, it will be interesting to follow along. Wish I could do it, I'll have to hope for a draw this year. Ready for a rifle hunt!
          I agree with you GBludau, I think it's going to be worse than Black Friday. Their Facebook post about the hunt has 450+ comments and over 200 shares. But I'm still going to show up and try to get a permit, if I get one I'll be thrilled. If not, I'll just keep putting in for the draw every year.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck! Hope you're able to get a permit. I expect those that want it bad enough will show a day or 2 early. Bring a sleeping bag to get in line!

Comment

I called. They said nobody was going to be allowed to stay on the side of the road overnight. Just relaying what they told me.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                I called. They said nobody was going to be allowed to stay on the side of the road overnight. Just relaying what they told me.

I figured that would be their response. Wonder how they plan on enforcing that and also what time or how early they'll allow people to start lining up? I think they should consider handing out numbers just like the stores do on black Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                  I figured that would be their response. Wonder how they plan on enforcing that and also what time or how early they'll allow people to start lining up? I think they should consider handing out numbers just like the stores do on black Friday.

They didn't give any specifics.

I mentioned that it was going to be like when the new iPhone comes out people line up the day before at the stores and that is when they said nobody was going to be allowed to do that.

I guess if you show up too early they will run you off or arrest you if you refuse to leave. I think the road to the entrance is technically park property also so be careful.

Comment

Got this off Facebook.

Attention Hunters:
                    Due to the overwhelming interest in the April Emergency Exotic Hunts, we have changed the permit selection process. To prevent dangerous overcrowding, potential conflict, and traffic hazards, the Laguna Atascosa NWR is NOT allocating hunt permits on a “first-come-first-serve” basis. The April hunt permits will be allocated through a local lottery. To apply and qualify for a permit, interested hunters or their proxy must drop off applications (in person) between 8 am and 11 am on March 5th, 2018. No applications will be accepted through the mail, fax, or email. Applicants can choose to wait for the drawing which will take place at 11:30 am at the Refuge Headquarters. Although, applicants WILL NOT be required to be present for the drawing to receive a permit, selected hunters will be required to pay for their permit (by cash only) by 3 pm (CST) on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Laguna Atascosa NWR big game hunts, please spread the word about this important change, and call 956-748-3607 x105 with concerns or questions.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                      Got this off Facebook.

Attention Hunters:
                      Due to the overwhelming interest in the April Emergency Exotic Hunts, we have changed the permit selection process. To prevent dangerous overcrowding, potential conflict, and traffic hazards, the Laguna Atascosa NWR is NOT allocating hunt permits on a “first-come-first-serve” basis. The April hunt permits will be allocated through a local lottery. To apply and qualify for a permit, interested hunters or their proxy must drop off applications (in person) between 8 am and 11 am on March 5th, 2018. No applications will be accepted through the mail, fax, or email. Applicants can choose to wait for the drawing which will take place at 11:30 am at the Refuge Headquarters. Although, applicants WILL NOT be required to be present for the drawing to receive a permit, selected hunters will be required to pay for their permit (by cash only) by 3 pm (CST) on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Laguna Atascosa NWR big game hunts, please spread the word about this important change, and call 956-748-3607 x105 with concerns or questions.

Was just about to post. Any Green Screeners down that way want to be my Proxy? I'll buy dinner if I'm drawn.

Comment

I hope we dont get too many proxy people, the fewer the better my chance to get picked. Im still going to be there early good luck to all who make it down to apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post
                          I hope we dont get too many proxy people, the fewer the better my chance to get picked. Im still going to be there early good luck to all who make it down to apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I saw this coming the first day they informed the public. Good luck Danny! Keep me posted! If you get drawn, shoot me a message

Comment

So let me do the math. I'll have to drive 6-1/2 hours to turn in a piece of paper? Stay till 11:30 so as not to have to drive back to pay (in cash), then if drawn drive back for the hunt. 26 hours of driving for a chance. I'll pass. Guess technology hasn't hit that part of the valley yet. .

Good luck to you guys that make it.

Comment

Is it still a 1 proxy 1 application rule, or can a proxy turn in several applications now that it's a lottery system? Anyone talked to the refuge staff about the rules for proxies??

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan-in-SA1 View Post
                                Is it still a 1 proxy 1 application rule, or can a proxy turn in several applications now that it's a lottery system? Anyone talked to the refuge staff about the rules for proxies??
                                Good question. If one proxy is allowed to turn in several then why not just let people mail them?

Comment

Working...
                                X