Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

browning buckmark problem....anyone else have them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

browning buckmark problem....anyone else have them?

I just bought my fiance a browning buckmark, the 5.5" camper model with the pink grips that have the breast cancer ribbon on them. we went out to shot it today, and first shot..jams. The slide is trying to load a round and pick up the next one at the same time. I figure its a magazine problem..but i am not sure, i am not a pistol guy at all....
    next problem....and i know i should have cleaned it well before we took it out to get all the factory gunk out but i forgot (dang Texas heat will do that) it had several FTE's i am assuming it is because i was using cheap bulk ammo (winchester 333 pack) but i also used winchester cb match ammo and was still having feeding problems....the chamber also seemed tight, but i am assuming it is because of some factory cosmoline in the chamber....anyone have any advice? or firsthand knowledge of these problems?
    Last edited by trophy8; 06-19-2011, 05:12 PM.

ttt

Comment

Winchester ammo has a lot of beeswax on the lead. This will build up on the feed ramp and cause it not to load properly.

I had this problem out of my Ruger 10/22 years ago and after a good cleaning only shoot Remington or CCI shells out of it.

Hope this helps... Good Luck!

Comment

Clean it well and try again with good ammo.

Comment

Clean it.......dirty I'll bet....the factory oils gathers grit and gunk...clean the chamber really well.......the lips of the mag may have to be tweaked...I would guess ...need to be pinched in/rolled in an little more at the front.....I mean A LITTLE...don't get carried away or you will go too far....

Comment

Keep it clean.

The 333 ammo jams mine also. CCI works well

Comment

my browming buckmark has to be kept very,very clean to work properly

Comment

When I load the mag the bullets just push out 3 or 4 at a time in my hand before I ever get it in the gun. So somethin is wrong with the mag....

Comment

A buddy of mine had problems with his Buckmark jamming about a month after he got it.He cleaned it up pretty good and it's worked just fine since then.I've had the best luck with the Federal bulk pack or CCI ammunition.For some reason none of my 22's liked the Winchester 333 pack.They'd jam at least every other shot or if I was lucky I'd get to shoot 3 or 4 times without them jamming.I'd try cleaning it and switching ammo and hopefully that'll fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    When I load the mag the bullets just push out 3 or 4 at a time in my hand before I ever get it in the gun. So somethin is wrong with the mag....
                    The spring is probably broken I'm guessin???I've never had one do that before.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      A buddy of mine had problems with his Buckmark jamming about a month after he got it.He cleaned it up pretty good and it's worked just fine since then.I've had the best luck with the Federal bulk pack or CCI ammunition.For some reason none of my 22's liked the Winchester 333 pack.They'd jam at least every other shot or if I was lucky I'd get to shoot 3 or 4 times without them jamming.I'd try cleaning it and switching ammo and hopefully that'll fix it.
                      i also got her a remington 597 vtr about 9 months ago, its the AR 22 remington makes, and it shoots the winchester 333 all day long. she has probably shot a couple thousand rounds of it through the gun with maybe one or two FTE's.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      The spring is probably broken I'm guessin???I've never had one do that before.
                      im not sure if it is broken, looks fine, but its like it is TOO strong. i think the top of the mag is not machined correctly. i kinda dont wanna bend on it, i have never been one to be "easy" lol.

Comment

thank you everyone for the suggestions and the help....if anyone else has had problems please speak up!! this is the first one of these i have ever had. and its a dang cool pistol, but nt if it gives me problems like this all the time

Comment

Bending the outer lips on the mag is a pretty common thing. Sounds like they're not gripping the shells tight enough. I would gently bend them in a little at a time. I bet that fixes it.

Comment

Mmm. Not sure. Mine is circa 2000,and it is a squirrel and hog-in-the-trap popping machine. Only gets fed the cheap stuff. I have had misfires, but I chalk that up to the cheap ammo.

...on Earth, as it is in Texas

Comment

See if you can find someone else who has a Buckmark and try their magazine. My Buckmark was the picture of reliability, but it didn't like Winchester ammo either, but loved the Federal.
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X