Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Buffalo with a longbow. Let the adventure begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda got inspired by your post here a few months back and ended up with a longbow a TAD higher then I really wanted. I now have a longbow that draws 68# @ my draw and have been working into it for about 5 weeks. No real reason besides just the desire to do so, and it has made me shoot the lighter bows better.
    Was the above picture done with the heavier limbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
      Kinda got inspired by your post here a few months back and ended up with a longbow a TAD higher then I really wanted. I now have a longbow that draws 68# @ my draw and have been working into it for about 5 weeks. No real reason besides just the desire to do so, and it has made me shoot the lighter bows better.
      Was the above picture done with the heavier limbs?

No sir, still just shooting my light set. I did get my arrow shafts in this past week I plan on shooting out of the heavy set as long as they tune well. I agree completely with you though, after shooting my heavy bow, my target bows seem like kids toy bows!! [emoji16]

Hope your shoulder/back is feeling better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wanted to make a target that resembled a buffalo, just to have that picture/size profile in my brain. Was planning on drawing and cutting one out on a piece of foam insulation board, but after a bit of looking, I was able to find this jewel that was way more realistic than what I'd have ended up with, and also saved me a bit of work!
        Still planning on gorilla glueing it to a piece of foam to make it a bit more rigid and hopefully help it to hold up a bit longer. I gotta say, this thing was bigger than I expected!!

My wife was thrilled seeing me put this up in the living room. [emoji51][emoji51]

Comment

That target is freaking awesome!!

Comment

Thanks, and yes it's getting there. Main issue is I haven't quit hunting or shooting long enough to completely heal.
            When's the trip planned for?
            BTW- Nice Buffalo in the living room. That has to be the first time a full sized one was in your house??

Comment

That will give you pause for sure!

I need to make an elk target myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                That target is freaking awesome!!
                I have to admit, I was about as excited as I can remember to see a package delivered because I was ready to have it!!

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                Thanks, and yes it's getting there. Main issue is I haven't quit hunting or shooting long enough to completely heal.
                When's the trip planned for?
                BTW- Nice Buffalo in the living room. That has to be the first time a full sized one was in your house??

I understand, it's tough to lay off. I broke my collar bone about 7 years ago and it took everything I had to lay off shooting. I even tried shooting left handed!
                Trip is scheduled for September so about 4 1/2 months to go!

Comment

That target is really cool. I built a projector target a few years ago so I could shoot at a variety of elk targets. I like it because I can basically make a target out of any picture I can find on the web. The main drawback is I have to shoot at night as my projector is not bright enough for daylight viewing.

Comment

Blue Bluedevil that is pretty cool. Looked up those bales and a company in Arlington sells them. I'm going to check on availability and price.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                      That target is really cool. I built a projector target a few years ago so I could shoot at a variety of elk targets. I like it because I can basically make a target out of any picture I can find on the web. The main drawback is I have to shoot at night as my projector is not bright enough for daylight viewing.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ight=projector
                      I remember seeing this a couple years back! That is a super cool idea for sure!

Comment

Your wife was thrilled ! I bet she was like get the buffalo out of the living room pronto!
                        That’s funny I know the feeling when I fletch arrows on the kitchen table.

Comment

i have something in the works for you sir.....
                          some for the LITE, AND some for the NOT LITE....lol

Comment

Buffalo medicine arrived in the mail. 300grain Tuffhead hopefully will do the trick!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24539460

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                              Buffalo medicine arrived in the mail. 300grain Tuffhead hopefully will do the trick!

[ATTACH]908166[/ATTACH]

That's the same head I used for a big piggy the other day. Edit: A foot of penetration after going through 3/8"-1/2" thick shield and doornail dead within 150 yards on a 238-lb boar.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by tradtiger; 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM. Reason: Add info

Comment

Ellis, I was thinking that it was the same head you had used. Hopefully I will have the same outcome with a buff! Anxious to see how the setup works on the barrel test once I get it all put together.

As soon as the Texas Longbow Championships is over next weekend, I'm kicking into full gear with my buff bow and will try shooting only it (aside from a couple tournaments) until my hunt. I also purchased a few of there "practice" heads so I can shoot them a lot and not have to worry about sharpening or wearing the edges out on my hunting heads.

In other news, I purchased my plane tickets today too! fixing to start the downhill slide of this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                                X