634 Friday night

[ATTACH]907195[/ATTACH]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180506_080612_1525737501823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	24539107

Two more for my son. Killed them on Sunday morning. Killed both of them with one shot (he's getting good at that). Hit a 3rd but we couldn't fnd it so I'll add 2 more to the total. Brings total up to 636.

Comment

4 the other evening - 640

Comment

Comment

Uno this morning while bringing cows to the barn. Cows never cleared for follow ups. They just walk among them

Comment

643 and 644...
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

2018 KAP Total

Comment

He ate a Slick Trick mag yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	May 9 2018 boar no hat tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	24539194

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post

He ate a Slick Trick mag yesterday.

[ATTACH]907596[/ATTACH]
                        Atta boy!!!

Comment

Not mine.
                          I choose to black out his face.

Here is the story of my friends first kill with his AR. He's using .223 55 Grain VMax

It's about 7:45 when we get to the camera.

We was at a new area that I can hunt.
                          I was dinking with trail camera. The pics where whited out from the flash so I was trying to move it.
                          I see my buddy walk to the North along the fence. It marks the eastern property line. I figured he was just checking things out.
                          He used to run this area as a kid. Some 40 odd years check ago.

After we met back up he said that when he was walking along the property line he heard pigs.
                          They are we're the North side of the treeline. That treeline is on the North side of the pasture they're rooting up.
                          This is on land we have permission to hunt.
                          From our last visit there he knew if he walked along the treeline to the West about 60 yards there was old road. That old road would take him into a clearing, about 40 yds on the North side of the treeline.
                          He thought that clearing would put him just about even or just on one side of the pigs he had heard.

After I had finished up with the camera I started heading North along the property line.
                          I hit that the tree line he was walking when he heard the pigs.
                          I figured he was down in the clearing. not Last time they were saw a wee baby Fawn. Iam just about to the old road when I hear Bang,......... Bang.
                          It was like 8:15 pm
                          I was like oh yeah!!!
                          I holler at him that I'm coming down the road.
                          When I get into the clearing I can see him standing at the edge of the clearing looking to the east.

He tells me when he got into the clearing he saw one. It spooked and ran off.

He decided to wait there at the edge of the clearing and the road for a few minutes. When a bunch more came in. He said they didn't even know he was there.
                          He picked this one out because it was the closest to him.

I asked him where it was standing when he shot it. As I wanted to start tracking it before it got too dark. I'd done forgot my tracking flashlight at home

We start to walk over to where it was standing, when we hear a pig squeal.
                          I was like that's the one let's go.

I was walking along the eastern edge of the clearing when it squeals again.
                          I get my bearings and head off at a brisk walk. I continue walking till I get to the NE side of the clearing.
                          I walk into the trees about where I think I'll be on course to the squeal. I saw an old fence and a crick.

I ask him to cross the creek, as I think it's on the far side further back to the NE of where we are.
                          He's like huh. I walk back to where he's standing so we can formulate a game plan, when out out the trees come the land owners 2 dogs running right towards us, they're friendly.
                          At first we both thought that we was being charged by an angry pig. Boy was we ever was glad it was just the dogs. All I had with and on me was my pistol.

He starts to cross the crick, there's less than one inch of water in it at it's deepest.
                          I was going to go into the trees, in the same spot I was going the first time. I get to the fence and I am scanning the trees looking for it. I see the pig laying in the crick.

I holler at my buddy that I found him and he ain't quite dead yet.
                          He comes up to shoot him again. About that time the Land owners dogs find it and are circling it checking it out.
                          I call them, but they don't listen. I cross the fence and kick it. It jerks.
                          I can't shoot it with my pistol cause I'm worried about hitting the dogs.

It's stops squirming and I drag it up into the clearing.
                          We get a few photos and head to the truck. He's got school work he needs to finish up.

Thanks for joining us on this journey!
                          We hope to share many more adventures with you.
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-10-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

My buddy killed another on my place in Rusk Co. Shot at daylight this morning with a 6.8 SPC in my FRICKIN CLOVER.

Attached Files

Comment

650--

Morning kill unlike the greatest majority of my kills. He had been showing early between 6-8am for 21 of last 23 mornings so I got in position at 6:00, he walked by at 6:06 w/o stopping, and walked back into the feed pen at 6:21. Died at 6:23

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X