Msma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    I have Bermuda and some buffalo grass that I want to keep. I want to kill broadleafs and dallis grass/crab grass, etc.... Is Pastora good for that?

And do you need to use it with a surfactant?
    Not sure on the Buffalo grass but it will smoke Bahia. Dallis grass will probably need 2 applications to control, crabgrass doesn’t stand a chance. I like to mix 24-D with it to kill any other weeds. 1.5 oz per acre with an non-ionic surfactant.

For the others who like to use MSMA, I would recommend to mix Sencor with it to heat it up. 1/4 lb per acre- 1 1/2 Quarts MSMA

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      Not sure on the Buffalo grass but it will smoke Bahia. Dallis grass will probably need 2 applications to control, crabgrass doesn’t stand a chance. I like to mix 24-D with it to kill any other weeds. 1.5 oz per acre with an non-ionic surfactant.

For the others who like to use MSMA, I would recommend to mix Sencor with it to heat it up. 1/4 lb per acre- 1 1/2 Quarts MSMA
      Good info. Thanks!

Comment

RMW, I appreciate your advice but Sencor is $440 for 5lbs and Pestora is $100 for 5 oz. I have some MSMA that a friend let me have because it is about to expire. I haven't tried it yet but after reading your post I am afraid too.

Are there any products on the market that I can get to kill everything in my yard except for my Bermuda at a reasonable price?

Comment

I use MSMA on my place to kill weeds and unwanted grasses. Just mix it a little strong and it will do the job.

Comment

Stopped by Tractor Supply on my way home.

Comment

I think it's too windy to spray today though. Big Spring is in the air today.

Comment

Originally posted by jwstrother View Post
                RMW, I appreciate your advice but Sencor is $440 for 5lbs and Pestora is $100 for 5 oz. I have some MSMA that a friend let me have because it is about to expire. I haven't tried it yet but after reading your post I am afraid too.

Are there any products on the market that I can get to kill everything in my yard except for my Bermuda at a reasonable price?
                Sencor is expensive because it’s labeled for turf. I used Metribuzin which cost 60$ for the exact same thing. Pastora at 1.5 oz per acre is relatively cheap. I would give you some if you were close. Your cheapest route is the MSMA at 1.5 quarts per acre every 10-14 days till it’s cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Stopped by Tractor Supply on my way home.
                  Smart choice! Good luck

Take a before and 10 day after pic if possible.

Comment

I worked at a plant that made a MSMA product back in the 90s and that stuff would kill everything and mix it to strong nothing would grow there for a while. The main part of the mix was arsenic trioxide among other bad things.

Comment

Tribute Total works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
                        Tribute Total works very well.

On Dallisgrass???

Comment

Tenacity or Celsius

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            On Dallisgrass???

Yes Tribute Total is labeled for Dallis. You may see some regrowth on the larger plants. Three to six weeks after the first treatment just check and treat any new green you may see.

Comment

Now that is a BLAST from the PAST!!! I used to spray that on lawns when I was in grad school working for ChemLawn back in 1991!

Comment

Shane, how did the Pastora work. Thinking about getting some on my yard this week depending on rain

Comment

Working...
                                X