2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docmay View Post
    I was told it would work with extended magazine. I’m not positive it got the extended magazine. I read more about it and saw that most built those on a long actions. I’m obviously not a gun expert. If the accubonds I had loaded fit and shoot it will be fine. The APR guys know about the situation already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Berger makes a classic hunting bullet designed to fit hunting rifle mags. I do not know if it will help you out, but I can send you a few to try. They are 135 gr Classic Hunter 6.5mm. I have been working up a load for my 6.5 CM from Alamo and they are shooting very well. Send me a PM if you would like a few to try.

Comment

That sure is a purty rifle Chew.

Comment

Woot Woot!

I got the call!!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          Berger makes a classic hunting bullet designed to fit hunting rifle mags. I do not know if it will help you out, but I can send you a few to try. They are 135 gr Classic Hunter 6.5mm. I have been working up a load for my 6.5 CM from Alamo and they are shooting very well. Send me a PM if you would like a few to try.
          Thanks for the offer! Robert and I are working through it. Going to get the extended magizine on it then start looking at loads and overall carefree length. I’m wanting a 500 yard hunting rig that I can shoot targets with a bit further out. I think it’s gling to work out.

Comment

QUESTION:

When I drug the APR rifle out the last time I was going to mount a sling to it. Failed to remember the flush cups.

Will any make work or does it have to be from grayboe?

Comment

so it has a flush cup on the back, but a traditional swivel mount up front?

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                so it has a flush cup on the back, but a traditional swivel mount up front?
                Two regular up front and two flush cups on the rear

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Similar to what I almost ordered. All my slings have the loops already so I only need the swivel stud part

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Similar to what I almost ordered. All my slings have the loops already so I only need the swivel stud part

This what I’m going with

Comment

Couldn’t have turned out better!

Rings look too tall but surprisingly the eye alignment is good with solid cheek weld. Probably gonna have to try some lows just to see.

Trigger Tech feels great during dry fire so can’t wait to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Couldn’t have turned out better!

Rings look too tall but surprisingly the eye alignment is good with solid cheek weld. Probably gonna have to try some lows just to see.

[emoji1303][emoji6] Very nice!!!! Is that a VX3?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                        [emoji1303][emoji6] Very nice!!!! Is that a VX3?

VX-6HD 4-24x52

Comment

Very nice Brent!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

The timney in mine is awesome and I cant imagine one being better. It is the first aftermarket trigger Ive had so theres not a lot to judge by.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              It doesn't have a flush cup on the side up front? That's silly and kind of defeats the purpose.

Grayboe website, lists the Terrain as having 3 flush cups, so assume 2 in back and 1 up front. Makes it nice to carry rifle flat against your back and bolt handle out away from you. You can also leave a bipod attached. The 2 sling studs underneath makes for a good place to mount a 1913 rail for an Atlas bipod.
                              Last edited by XR650RRider; 07-20-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X