Just saw the 2018 Mathews flagship bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
    Mathews Triax I Like it if it feels like the Halon which I'm sure it does I'll bee picking it up. I was hoping Bowtech would release something nice but not impressed.
    Really?? Man I love their new bow and I’m just not a Bowtech guy. It will bring some loyal Bowtech folks out of their older bows.

Comment

I’m liking the looks of the new bow. I’d like to shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Really?? Man I love their new bow and I’m just not a Bowtech guy. It will bring some loyal Bowtech folks out of their older bows.
        Would you say it is significantly better than the reign 6? I went to the reign from a 101st airborne. I love everything about it except i do not feel that I shoot it as accurately as the 101st. I attribute that to the longer ATA of the 101st. I am 29" draw for reference. Honestly I would have stuck with the 101st but that bow just seems to have some inherent tuning issues. I never could get a perfect bullet hole or get fixed blades to fly same as FPs. But it put a lot of meat on the ground.

Comment

The best ever, without a doubt!

Comment

I'm going to shoot the Triax to see if it is as quiet as they claim, but my Halon is about as short as I can stand to shoot. I can't see a 28" bow having a tolerable string angle at my draw length. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the 2019 flagship will be called the Triax XL. Mathews is very predictable. They come out with a new concept every other year. In between, they offer a longer or shorter version of the previous bow.
            Last edited by ultrastealth; 11-14-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

saw that picture of the Triax on AT yesterday. it is one ugly B.

Comment

28" ATA, and everyone thought the original Halon was short with bad string angle. I love my H30 but the string angle is pushing the limits on my 30" draw. Anyone held one yet?

Comment

All I can think is it is a bottom line bow? Meaning last year they built three bows... Stoke, Avail, Halon 32 for kids, women and men. This year they are building one bow that could "fit" everyone so it cuts production costs down and they end up with a better bottom line. That is the only way I can wrap my head around it.

Like mentioned the strangle will not be good if you are somewhat taller... that was the biggest complaint about the Halon 30.

No clue why someone over say 5'8" would even want to shoot this new bow. I can't believe they aren't bringing something out in the 32"-34" axle to axle range.

Bowtech is probably celebrating today.
                  Last edited by Miller; 11-14-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Their marketing is awesome cuz after watching a few videos I want to shoot it

Comment

This one? http://www.mathewsinc.com/bows/triax

Comment

Zero interest from a guy that's 6'3

Comment

The last two 28” bows we had from them did not sell well.

Comment

I’m not gonna lie. That probably the best looking bow I’ve seen from Mathews in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm... another bow I won't be getting lol

Comment

I am kinda interested in Halon 32. I'll wait till this new one catches on and folks start dumping last years greatest bow ever for this year's greatest bow ever. For now, I will stick with my Z7. As you can tell I am in no hurry for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X