No announcement yet.

The American dollar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precious metals Too volatile, buy land for tax free investment (ag exempt) if you don't need the money quickly

Comment

Liquor- Very high -% better like everclear. Can be used as fuel, medical, and to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        Have you ever know one, who thought she was wrong??
        ha ha ha. no. never met one who was ever wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
          I work with a guy that grew up in Bosnia during the war. He said that money was worthless. The best thing to have stockpiled during those times are liquor, cigarrettes, food and ammo. If you have those things, you could barter for anything else you need to survive. Some of his stories from that time are scary as hell, bit hilarious too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          So Fred the guy that wears overalls with no shirt and smells of stink bait who runs the beer, bait and ammo shop will become the most powerful man in the county?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            So Fred the guy that wears overalls with no shirt and smells of stink bait who runs the beer, bait and ammo shop will become the most powerful man in the county?
            Yep. Did you see how the Cajun Navy were the heros in the hurricane flood? Hank Jr. is right..... A country boy can survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Yep. Did you see how the Cajun Navy were the heros in the hurricane flood? Hank Jr. is right..... A country boy can survive.

But me buying a boat for flood survival would be second only to Noah!

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                If things get that bad, ammo will be more valuable than gold or silver. Just sayin'.
                Yes. My precious metals are all brass, lead, and copper. If it gets bad enough these are the only ones that will matter. You're gonna look real foolish throwing a gold bar at someone who is trying to take your food or your residence.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I like to see people invest in precious metals. I invest in lead. My lead will take your precious metals or anything else I might need.
                  hahaha until you meet up with an gold/silver investor who also heavily invested in lead.

Comment

do what I did, buy land with a gold mine on it. the best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Here's my take. We (along with all countries) will continue to print money. Inflation will increase above average here for a while. Gold/silver will never be great investments is my guess. I do own a few 100oz silver bars though.

IF America currency goes plop so bad you NEED silver or gold then the entire world is plain screwed. In that case your silver won't do you much good anyway.

A better way to keep up with inflation IMO is a good mix of stock index funds and real estate. If you don't want to(or have the time) own rental property then buy ag exempt land. Land should keep up with inflation much better than cash in the bank.

this i think precious metals are a poor investment and if you think there is a real need for them because the dollar goes away the metal im investing in is .556 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                        this i think precious metals are a poor investment and if you think there is a real need for them because the dollar goes away the metal im investing in is .556 rounds
                        Now the real question is, should you invest in hollow points, soft tip, or steel core? Personally i like to diversify my investments.

Comment

Silver was one of the best investments I ever made, but I bought it when it was around $4/oz. It paid off quite well just a few years later when it hit $48/oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                            Silver was one of the best investments I ever made, but I bought it when it was around $4/oz. It paid off quite well just a few years later when it hit $48/oz.
                            Yeah I'd say! Heck of a return there.

Comment

A man once explained to me that gold and silver is useless. If the american dollars gets to the point of no value, then so does the gold and silver. At that point its just what it truly is...just a type of metal.

Gold and silver are also not legal tender. Texas did put a bill in to change this but im unsure if it has went through.

Comment

I think that putting dollars in a bank is pretty much useless after a point. You get no return so inflation will make your dollar worth less each year. So I have put money in other areas. Some in metals (about 10-15%) most in real estate and stocks. Metals for me are just to protect bank money from inflation. My main thing is don't purchase too many things that depreciate. If you must spend a lot on items that depreciate, try to set it up so you can deduct those lost dollars from the depreciation.

Comment

Working...
                                X