The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    Had a nice find here yesterday.. Just popped into a small local store. Owner was super nice and said he gets allocated 2 bottles per year and i luckily scored one of em!
    It's a good pour for sure! I was fortunate enough to get 1 of 2 bottles on Wednesday from a small store.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
      Had a nice find here yesterday.. Just popped into a small local store. Owner was super nice and said he gets allocated 2 bottles per year and i luckily scored one of em!
      Congrats. It is a great pour and always a good feeling when you stumble upon one.

Comment

Found a couple good ones today too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBob View Post

Found a couple good ones today too

How to do like the stagg jr? I just picked up a bottle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man everyone is scoring ETL, I’m jealous. Not that MoM won’t ship to TX I can only find it at the whiskey exchange for a premium
            Last edited by hooligan; 06-01-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Last day of school today, kicking the seniors out tomorrow with graduation, Hello Summer!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Man everyone is scoring ETL, I’m jealous. Not that MoM won’t ship to TX I can only find it at the whiskey exchange for a premium
                Yeah I guess I’m going to have to get back out there and start looking again. I picked up a bottle of John J Bowman single barrel today, but its been a couple of months since I’ve found anything decent. I got tired of seeing $75 bottles of Eagle Rare...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post

I like it but it’s a high proof so I can’t do it without some ice and water.

Comment

It’s hot but delicious if you like high proof, 1 big ice cube and you’re good to go

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

I grabbed this for my airbnb in Tampa last week and ended up throwing it in the luggage. Didn’t think much of a $20 bottle but what a nice surprise! I hope I can find it here and if I do, it will replace Buffalo Trace as my “house” bourbon.

Last edited by TexaRican; 06-01-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I was out of town when ETL hit. If anyone in DFW wants to trade for some, let me know.

I have some OWA 107, Blantons, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBob View Post
                          I like it but it’s a high proof so I can’t do it without some ice and water.

Oh ok. Yea at 134 proof I'll be put some ice and little water in it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            It’s hot but delicious if you like high proof, 1 big ice cube and you’re good to go
                            Yea I prefer higher proofs. So far bookers which is 129 proof is my favorite and it doesn't need ice or water but adding a cube does open up the flavor profile.

Comment

Yea I prefer higher proofs. So far bookers which is 129 proof is my favorite and it doesn't need ice or water but adding a cube does open up the flavor profile.

I go back and forth, high low [emoji4]. EC Barrel Proof is mighty good.
                              Is that a Vizsla?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This is officially “MY DRINK”.... I’ve been experimenting with combinations for months now and have settled on this duo. A shot of Gentleman Jack in the bottom of a cold beer glass and topped off with a bottle of Shiner Premium. A twist on the old Boilermaker, but sipped and not chugged. BlueMoon also makes a good companion the same way with GJ or Weller. Before you comment, TRY IT, and then let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X