Crappy Situation - Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy Situation - Opinions Needed

Ok, here’s the situation. Last week was a family weekend at the ranch (family owned not a lease). It consisted of Dad/Grandpa (owner), Son (42) with his 2 kids (grandkids) along with girlfriend of over 2 years and her 2 kids (4 kids range between 9-14) and Son in Law (SIL age 47) with his 2 kids (grandkids also that are both teenagers). Ok, enough of the introductions. So SIL shows up around 11 on Saturday morning while Son and girlfriend are tracking a deer. SIL goes to bathroom upon arriving and clogs up toilet. He doesn’t unclog and goes out with the other adults to try to set up a deer stand. While adults were out setting up deer stand, 1 of the girlfriend’s kids goes to bathroom and overflows the toilet. Nasty. So, the question is who should be responsible for cleaning up the mess?

It was not cleaned up when everyone left on Sunday as everyone is saying I'm not cleaning it up. SIL says he didn’t unclog toilet because the tank fills up super slow due to water situation and he couldn’t unclog it at the time. Girlfriend’s kid went to bathroom and then tried to unclog toilet by flushing AND THEN plunging which obviously didn’t work. So again, who should have cleaned up the nastiness? I won’t say which one I am in the situation to hopefully make answers unbiased. So what’s your opinion on the crappy situation?

Sh*t happens

Comment

Honestly, the person that clogged the toilet should because he could have either unclogged or let it be known that the toilet was clogged so that no one else went in to use it. However, all pride aside, if I'm the owner, I'm cleaning it to get rid of the mess.

Comment

Sometimes the adult in the room has to step up and fix other peoples laziness and stupidity.

Comment

47 year old guy clogs a toilet and creates a mess and then leaves it not cleaned up? If I were the owner I'd flush him down the toilet.

Comment

The one who clogged it and the kid who still decided to use a clogged toilet and flush it should be the ones cleaning it up.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a fishing thread!

Comment

Originally posted by madhatter View Post
                sh*t happens :d
                lol

Comment

So as of today the mess hasn't been clean? That job just got a whole lot crappier.

Comment

If I’m the owner, and people are hunting on my land for free (family or otherwise), I would expect my things to be taken care of and respected.

I would clean it up if nobody else would, but it would be forever off limits to sil who clogged it. I wouldn’t really blame the kid, because in modern times they have probably never encountered this situation and didn’t know what to do. It was 100% the fault of the person who clogged it then left it. That person is responsible for cleaning it up.

Comment

The 42 yr old and 47 yr old should clean it. Act like a man

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        So as of today the mess hasn't been clean? That job just got a whole lot crappier.
                        That is correct. All parties said they shouldn't have to clean it up. 42 year old went to bed around 930 on Saturday while all others played cards and that is when the majority of the "I'm not cleaning it up" statements were made. SIL left at 11 on Sunday while all others worked until about 1 before leaving. 42 year old will be back down there Friday night with his 2 kids (neither was the flusher) and the SIL will be down Saturday around 1 with 1 of his kids.
                        Last edited by cehorn; 11-14-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                          That is correct. All parties said they shouldn't have to clean it up. SIL left at 11 on Sunday while others worked until about 1 before leaving. 42 year old will be back down there Friday night with his 2 kids (neither was the flusher) and the SIL will be down Saturday around 1 with 1 of his kids.
                          If I was the owner not a **** person would be allowed to hunt until the mess was. That it is beyond childish.

Comment

The SIL who clogged it should clean it up

If it belonged to me, SIL would not be coming back to hunt or use the toilet

The fact a grown man is even arguing that it was not his fault is a clue to how sorry his *** is anyway

Comment

SIL should cleaning up. His fault for not unclogging AND Not telling anyone it was clogged. Not very responsible person. Don't let him come back

Comment

Working...
                              X