Video age this deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video age this deer

Tom Green county, no previous history, what say you?

Nice. Not sure he'd see another b day

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind."

Comment

4.5+

Comment

Comment

4/5

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Like I said in the other thread my first thought was 4.5 but after watching the entire video I'm leaning on post mature. Walks pretty stiff, looks to have some loose skin under jaw, sag above shoulder blades, neck is thin but ties into point of brisket. Most 4.5 deer I have seen in our area are already bulking up pretty good and that deer doesnt seem to have enough muscle mass for a 4.5-5.5 deer. I have seen alot of post mature bucks look 4.5ish upon first glance.
            I prob wouldn't make a decision solely off that video but what he looks like to me.

Comment

a fat 4.5
              his nose and face just dont look like a 5.5 or older deer.
              he is still pretty agile (scratching his ear with he rear hoof)
              he also just doesn't seem as "paranoid" as a typical 5.5+ year deer does.

Comment

I'm leaning towards post maturity with Jack also. "Knowing " what I do about our area. But I've been wrong before!

Comment

I would guess about 4 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    a fat 4.5
                    his nose and face just dont look like a 5.5 or older deer.
                    he is still pretty agile (scratching his ear with he rear hoof)
                    he also just doesn't seem as "paranoid" as a typical 5.5+ year deer does.
                    He actually is not very big body wise. We have arrowed 2 100 inch 4-5 year olds that have been 170 lbs, I think this deer goes about 150lbs. He had no clue I was there 25 yards away and there is little pressure on our place. I will tell you he is very territorial and would not let another buck in that food plot. He is a head scratcher for sure but I too am leaning towards post mature. It's still early in the season and I am not ready to burn my trophy tag if he is deemed a shooter. Come January it may be different if he is still alive.

Comment

Working...
                    X