No announcement yet.

Chicken Fried Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sectionhand or Underwood's in Brownwood have good ones, New York hill's is pretty good too, but I'm gonna say the one at Mary's in Strawn is the best one out there

Comment

Bill and Rosa's in D'Hanis gets my first vote for CFS (and their fried shrimp is on point as well).

But De Wese's Tip Top Cafe in San Antonio is definitely a top contender as well.

Comment

The CFS at The Barn (I think that's the name) in Van is pretty durn good.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
          maybe just me but not too impressed with Mel's, and don't throw Goodson's out there, well overrated. jmo
          Agree with you on both. Can't go wrong with a monster Mel though. You wont need to eat for a week after.

Strickland's in Falfurrias is great with the yellow gravy. Heard recently that it's not the same though.
          Last edited by BlackHogDown; 09-13-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I know you've eaten one or twenty CFS at Moutons. Is Crazy Gals better? How much?

I can vouch for Crazy Gals as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
              Hofbrau in Porter - the Texas size Lives up to its name - and is pretty **** good IMO.

Goodson's in Tomball used to be top rated. I've heard people say it's not the same as it used to be. I went there for the first time about a year ago and I thought it was great.

Can't go wrong with Hofbrau IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Goodson's or Mel's, both in Tomball.

Comment

Ojeda's in Menard has a mighty fine Chicken Fried Steak

Comment

My house

Clear Springs in Nacogdoches

Western Diner in Fredonia, Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                      Agree with you on both. Can't go wrong with a monster Mel though. You wont need to eat for a week after.

Strickland's in Falfurrias is great with the yellow gravy. Heard recently that it's not the same though.

Agree with you on the monster as well!

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
                        maybe just me but not too impressed with Mel's, and don't throw Goodson's out there, well overrated. jmo
                        Mels and goodsons were essentially the same at one time. Family feud split them. One side got the name (goodsons) the other side got the recipe book (mels). The original goodsons was right at the intersection of e huffsmith and stanolind. Next door to the mechanic shop right up the street from mels current location. I dont think Goodsons has been the same since the fire IMO

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                        It's insane how much food they put in front of you. I can't eat half of it.

You aint kidding!! First time I went I got a BBQ tater and it was two potatoes that I swore said spalding on the side

Comment

Another vote for bill and rosa in d'hanis.

I also like Mel's or Goodsons in tomball for local taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Goodsons may be good but it doesn't hold a gnats *** compared to the original

Comment

Mmmm good!

Comment

Lone Star Café in Tuscola
                                or
                                R&K in Weatherford

Comment

Working...
                                X