No announcement yet.

Age water valley buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5+ for sure. That deer could be a lot older than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
      Post mature 7+. Calloused knees, setting down on his hooves, pointed rear end, lot of width in the brisket between the front shoulders, pot belly and a hump on top of his shoulders.
      we think a lot alike

Comment

5-6

Comment

This guy has been the object of discussion at the lease. I feel he is at least 5.5 and more like 6.5+ and feel like he could easily be 7.5.

Just has the look of an old man.
          For now he is on the no hitlist by vote since several lease members feel he is 4.5. He wasn't what I'm looking for this yr so I didn't plan to shoot him if he walked in front of me. Of course a drop is special and could possibly be persuaded once I saw him in person.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            This guy has been the object of discussion at the lease. I feel he is at least 5.5 and more like 6.5+ and feel like he could easily be 7.5.

For now he is on the no hitlist by vote since several lease members feel he is 4.5. He wasn't what I'm looking for this yr so I didn't plan to shoot him if he walked in front of me. Of course a drop is special and could possibly be persuaded once I saw him in person.
            I think he should be on the hit list. I don't see a single thing on that deer saying he isn't mature. And that drop is a big bonus. Great deer with good age.

Comment

I'm in the 7.5 plus age group to. For all the reasons posted by others. I bet those teeth are worn way down. Has that post mature look that can throw some into thinking he's younger...in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                I'm in the 7.5 plus age group to. For all the reasons posted by others. I bet those teeth are worn way down. Has that post mature look that can throw some into thinking he's younger...in my opinion.
                You talk like you know something about post mature deer and worn down teeth

Comment

2.5 lol.

I went with 6 plus based on what I've learned from a really good friend.

Comment

You talk like you know something about post mature deer and worn down teeth
                    Ha, they seem to follow me. That said mine don't have drop tines and this kind of head gear.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                      2.5 lol.

I went with 6 plus based on what I've learned from a really good friend.
                      All the deer I don't want to shoot are 2.5

Comment

They should be banned from affecting the list until they learn to age better

6+

Comment

6.5++

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

6+
                            Like I said I'm fine with it when it's missing on the low side. It's when people start calling 3.5 130"10pnt 5.5 is when I really start arguing harder.

Comment

Couple out of velvet pics, score guesses?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

6+
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X