Burrowing Owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
    Thank you! These were all taken with a Canon 1DX2 and with a Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Contemporary. Pretty much everything was shot at 600mm focal length and cropped in Lr.
    Thanks. I have been considering that lense or same Tamron. I am going to have to just do it!

Comment

Amazing wildlife on the wide open plains
      #lbk

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
        Thanks. I have been considering that lense or same Tamron. I am going to have to just do it!
        We have the Tamron too. Actually, we had two of them at one time. Sold one and the other is our backup. Both of them had to go in for warranty repair with AF issues. I have friends who have the Tamron and have had great luck with them, but my experience wasn't so great. One cool thing about the Sigma is you can update firmware using the docking station (sold separately). If Tamron needs a firmware update, it has to be shipped back to the factory. Which generally only happens when they are sent in for warranty repair as ours were. Both companies are Japanese owned, but Sigma assembles their lenses in their own factory in Japan and Tamron outsources the assembly of some their lenses (the 150-600 being among them) to a company in China. Just some food for thought.

Comment

Such interesting birds, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Amazing pictures!

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Those are some cool pics

Comment

Awesome pics!!

Comment

Thanks, y'all!

Comment

Those are awesome, ive never seen a burrowing owl in person. Look like cool birds though

Comment

What a catch! I've never seen that in such high quality photos. Love owls!

Comment

great pics

Comment

Cool pics

Comment

Comical little critters. Had to watch closely when I was shooting P-dogs up in the panhandle south of Stratford. At 400 yds they look almost like a P-dog and are about the same size.
                                I saw a couple run over and grab the remains of an exploded P-dog and run back to it's borrow which are old P-dog holes. We could walk almost up to them before they did the dive.

Comment

Working...
                                X