tire off the rim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tire off the rim?

what was the old school trick getting a tire to blow back up on the rim with starter fluid ? thanks

As a wise rabbit said be very very careful and ready to run does not hurt either.

Comment

Spray it around the edge of the tire, then light it. That's how I've done it

Comment

Carb cleaner works good. Spray a little into the tire and light it with a long flame. Burning stick or something. Small propane torch works good. It will scare the crap out of you when it pops.

Comment

Originally posted by porkrind View Post
          Spray it around the edge of the tire, then light it. That's how I've done it
          This is how I do my Mule Tires

Comment

I spray a trail up to be top and stand to the side.

You might have to kick it get to it to pop

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I watched a kid spray hairspray in a tire & use lighter fluid to make a trail about 15' away. That tire jumped 10' in the air but it was seated.

I have pulled the valve core, tightened a ratchet strap around the tire and got them to reseat with air pressure.

Comment

Comment

Little known fact: 2/3 of a can of ether sprayed in and on a concrete truck tire will cause it to jump about 9 ft in the air when lit. The sound is also unique and will cause an entire batch plant to come see the end result.

And if you never want to work on concrete truck tires again, this is a sure fire way to relieve yourself from those duties.

Comment

Lol, a little goes a long ways. I ruint a 30 inch fourwheeler tire trying to bead it off this way. First 3 went good the I ran out of either, who knew carburetor cleaner is lots more explosive than either lol

Comment

I recommend that you get an air hose nozzle that you can attach to the valve stem. Before I got that and tried this method attire would blow up but I could not get air in it fast enough to keep it from coming off the bead. I got a little clip on air nozzle so I can immediately put air in it after the explosion. You can also use a big giant ratchet strap sometimes and that will work. It's a lot less stressful

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks guys got it back on and air up the old ranch truck back on the road again!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          Little known fact: 2/3 of a can of ether sprayed in and on a concrete truck tire will cause it to jump about 9 ft in the air when lit. The sound is also unique and will cause an entire batch plant to come see the end result.

And if you never want to work on concrete truck tires again, this is a sure fire way to relieve yourself from those duties.
                          who you work for?

Comment

I have visited fellow workers at the burn units in Galveston and Herman hospital a few times. Granted entirely different scenarios but do use caution on this old way of sealing a tire. Yes I know I need to chill. Lol

Comment

I seen it done and worked and I seen it done and did not work...It just aint worth risk... Pay someone to do it properly or get proper Equipment and do it yourself...

Comment

Working...
                              X