2018 Coyote Kill Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but what sounds are y’all seeing produce this time of year?
    Distress sounds will pretty much work any time but right now they're more focused on other things. Coyote vocals should get some responses as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
      Not coyotes but spent the day with the new 223 looking for a wolf or two. Found old sign but nothing fresh and no elk herds either. Three more weeks before the season closes. D
      Nice! Good luck man I hope you get one. A wolf would be pretty sweet to have mounted.

Comment

Caught this ***** sneaking across the pasture tonight. .308 dropped her in her tracks.
        My first

Comment

Nice! This thread makes me want to get the calls out and shoot a few.

I've been seeing two on my way to work at least once a week. Haven't been out calling at all though. The mosquitoes are awful here right now. Plus those dang flies that bite so hard it feels like they have teeth. I can't stand having stuff crawl across my face or bite me when I'm trying to sit still. As soon as it starts getting colder I'll be back out there shootin some.

Comment

Another one last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              Another one last night.
              His back looks like someone took a hatchet to it. It's got somewhat of a trench in it.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                His back looks like someone took a hatchet to it. It's got somewhat of a trench in it.

A little trench :-)

He was digging when I initially saw him. I was at the feeder swapping cards. I was 200 yds away.

He’d stopped to look around, his eyes reflected the light.

I couldn’t find him right away in the scope after I’d spotted him. I’d also relocated to get a better shot angle.

After I saw his eyes, I clicked light on high and watched him digging. He stopped digging and I squeezed off my shot.

The light reflected in the smoke after the shot and washed the scope out.

I have 2 possible reasons for that shot placement.

He was quartering away when I choose to shoot.
                1) I was a tad high
                2) I was right on and he’d went back to digging

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  A little trench :-)

He was digging when I initially saw him. I was at the feeder swapping cards. I was 200 yds away.

He’d stopped to look around, his eyes reflected the light.

I couldn’t find him right away in the scope after I’d spotted him. I’d also relocated to get a better shot angle.

After I saw his eyes, I clicked light on high and watched him digging. He stopped digging and I squeezed off my shot.

The light reflected in the smoke after the shot and washed the scope out.

I have 2 possible reasons for that shot placement.

He was quartering away when I choose to shoot.
                  1) I was a tad high
                  2) I was right on and he’d went back to digging
                  Yeah there ain't no tellin what happened. Either way you got the job done.

I've done my fair share of night huntin in Texas and 200 yards at night is a pretty long ways no matter how you look at it. Not only that but it's a heck of a lot easier to miss a coyote than people think. I've made a few pretty good shots on them but I've been overly confident and missed some that should have been a chip shot. Kinda funny how that works sometimes.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Took one down this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw a young one the other day that I could have shot really easy. I had the .22mag and it stopped about 55 yards from me. That sucker was so new to the world he wasn't even worried about me. I didn't go ahead and shoot it. I have permission to hunt there so I'm gonna hold off and call it in when its cold outside and it's fur is a little thicker. It'll end up contributing to this thread.

Comment

Here’s a few of ours from the last few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another fawn killer down
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another one down

Comment

My first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X